Friday, May 4, 2018

TGIF - May the Forth Be With You



Today I decided to continue my theme of taking a new walk every day and I walked though the neighborhood for the first time in forever. Itr has changed! Now, the last time I walked through the 'hood, I thought it had changed and it had, but it has managed to change again.

I understand why the houses aroun where I live get flipped, because they are old and sad and cheap, the definition of "flip house",look it up, my neighborhood will be in the illustration. However, they are flipping houses in the good part of my neighborhood! They are leaving no lot unturned! There are no  new houses all over the damn place! I looked up and saw new houses on a street that I wouldn't to this day drive my car down! No wonder I see so many complaints on Next Door about shots fired! Do these  stupid white people not know where they are? My God! What are you doing there? That isn't a nice neighborhood at all! Get the fuck out of there before they eat you! You just spent 350K to buy a house next door to a crack den!

I wasn't stupid when I came to this place. I knew my limitations, There were streets I did not go down more than once. Creepy streets where I felt people staring at me. I couldn't see them, but I could feel them. Its not a good feeling, I never went back and there were places it was not safe for me and I didn't poke any dogs I found sleeping. I lived next door to an active drug dealer and his scene and we lived peaceable. I didn't call the cops on him, and his clients didn't rob me blind. We had a nodding agreement.

These new white people think they need to poke sleeping dogs, they think drug dealers need to be stopped. I told a guy from Acorn ( this was a looong time ago) who came by a precinct meeting and  told us to be "Understanding of the drug dealers, they are trying to take care of their Mamas", Acorn guy had been down too long and had gone native, I told him "Be understanding of the drug dealer?!", I should go up and introduce myself "Hi! I'm Diana, The Other White Meat!" That didn't go over well. It went over better though then his "Think of their Mamas" speech though. The general mood of the room was "We hate the drug dealers, we want them gone, we have no sympathy for them and if they want to support they Mamas they can go work at Burger King."  Acorn guy thought we should try to live in harmony with them. Acorn guy needed to come back to the office.

Speaking of stupid white people making stupid calls to the police. Today I called the non-emergency number to tattle on a too large group of old people drinking at the corner. I was coming back from walking the dog and met a rave! I was like "Okay. 2-3 is fine, I will MMOB. 8-9? No. Time to break this geriatric booze party up. These senior delinquents need to find a new place to be drunk and disorderly and drinking out of open containers somewhere NIMBY.  Normally, my plumber guy calls the cops on them, because he hates them with ever fiber of his being, but he wasn't around.

These people do not understand. The neighborhood has changed.



No comments: