Monday, April 28, 2003

Phantoms of the Avenue

Happy Monday!! Is everyone glad to back at work?

I miss the weekend already. I get so much more done. This weekend for example I:

Cleaned the kitchen
Walked the dog three times
Explored the historical district
Uploaded a one act
Mowed my lawn
Saw Phantom of The Opera

In Two days. I won't get that much accomplished until next weekend. During the week if I can get the dishwasher emptied and the animals fed, I feel like I deserve a medal.

I kicked list butt despite the fact it poured all day Saturday. Thunder and Lightening, scary house falling noise from next door. And I still walked the dog twice. Parts of this I credit the Kitty with as he decided that I really needed to be awake at six thirty in the morning, on a Saturday.

There is nothing on television at six thirty on Saturday. Dog got a nice walk and I discovered the Historical District. Block after block of dollhouses and flowering plants. Lovely.

I cleaned the kitchen, because there is nothing on television at nine thirty either.

Uploading is both tedious and eye opening. There is nothing on television and there is an electrical storm brewing. I got a new magazine and I'm going to read it.

Okay. Rain, rain go away. Go away now buh bye. Damn it.

During a brief break in the rain on Saturday, Daisy and I visited with a fellow walker.. He displayed the one personality trait that allows me to speak to people I don't know - a naked fear of the Big Dog. Nothing says respect like cowering. The fact that he is shorter then I am and weighed less, also was in his favor, sue me, I'm a sizest. He was looking for a church that the preacher didn't drive a 65 thousand dollar car.

Sunday, I spoke to two different street talkers. I changed my route for Daisy walking. I have two routes, the Rec Center route and the Post Office route. I do the Rec Center every evening with dogger because it's quite and there are few dogs to contend with. There are no street talkers on this route.

There is also no historical district or handy mailboxes on this route.

So. I can do the Post Office route one of two ways. The boring, business route with two many cars and too little pretty or the pretty residental route with fewer cars but too many Street talkers

There are people on the boring business route, but they are Front Porch People. They have their own Big Dogs. The porch people do not cower. We exchange compliments about our respective Big Dogs.

Like many pretty things, the pretty route has hidden thorns. Junky thorns. Shaky, babbling, stinky, depressing thorns. With Stories.

"I got robbed the other day, over in that field. I got stabbed twice. And kicked. I had thirty dollars in my pocket. They didn't have to kick me".

Please don't be talking to me.

"I had two hounded dollars in my shoe"

Talking to me. Damn.

At least they didn't get that. They are bad people. They will get theirs. Keep walking. Be Big, Daisy.

"I was on drugs. I know how it goes, never had to rob anyone for it, knock on wood. I was born and raised in Germany. I graduated from State College back in 1988"; I lived in D.C, Philly. Never happened to me there.

This place fools you. God Bless, bye bye. Okay, still talking. Not Listening.

Daisy takes a seat and looks at her. She has been dismissed.



"Miss, do you have any change".

No.

"I'm sorry to have to ask you"

So am I.


Not everyone is scared of the Big Dog. Little people go nose to wet nose with her and embrace her.


"My house has a dog too"

What kind?

" Pitt bull"

Really, my neighbor does too, they have puppies.

"We're going to have puppies when my daddy get out of jail"


Ow.Cute little things have thorns too.





















No comments: