Tuesday, May 27, 2003

Listening in


Over heard through the kitchen window


“Hey Romeo, where you at? My Daddy said I can’t see you no more”

The sound of shrubby rustling

“Hey Romeo, where you at? My Daddy said I can’t see you no more”

“Okay”

“Romeo, say your line!”


Summer Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet in the Hood.

They went back to climbing on the fence, but for a moment it was the best summer stock I’ve ever seen.


Over heard in the meat isle.


“Those are way over priced”

“I’ve never seen pigs ears that expensive”

“Well, that’s why they’re just laying there”


You would think The Meat People could do better then that.


Over heard while gardening


“Uh, yeah. He ran, he ran, (unintelligible, possibly stuff that I really, really, really don’t want to know.) no he got away (unintelligible, the cop shows are just like this!) Um. Yep, they got him. (Unintelligible, even more stuff I’m glad I couldn’t hear) We bailed Brian out, no, we bailed Brian out”

At the top of his damn lungs too, car window wide open. Who the hell does he think he is? And please God let him totally ignore me.


I got Romeo and Juliet, I got The Frugal Gourmet and I got Law and Order. I don’t need TV reruns this summer. I’ll just hang out in the yard. Way more drama here.

Speaking of Drama.

I saw The Matrix sequel. Upgrades Indeed!

Way kewl.

So what, that while in the Matrix, Neo does look a bit like the young cool priest they probably picture on the So You Want To Be A Priest hand outs and Trinity does look a little like a fresh oil spill in $300 shades and Morpheus, well, many cows died for his size XL threads.

Why is it that all post-apocalyptic societies have to look like the back of the cargo van after long road trip with Areosmith? Do only the really thread bare, yet well cut, worn out clothing survive? Is it necessary that they all have Statement Hair? Why is everyone always 1) Young and 2) despite, all the hardships, Hot? And what few older people they have, why are they all dressed like Whoopee Goldberg in her Star Trek phase?

It was a cool movie though and you really cannot go wrong with Canoe, now with even fewer lines! Guiding the way.

I saw some Star Warzian aspects in this one that I didn’t see when I rewatched the Just Matrix video the other day. I think it had to do with the space ships. Space? Where? Are they in Space? What? And of course the lone hero, The One the prophesied leader, the one man killing machine, the one who will set us free - but not before he blows up the death matrix and kills Darth Smith while coming to terms with his father issues and falling into long, deep holes that have absolutely nothing to do with sex. At All.

Speaking of the Lone Hero


I mowed the front lawn again, despite the rain. The back yard is again a wild life preserve as it is so shady back there most of the time that it takes weeks to dry out enough the take the mower back there and while I can’t mow because it’s too wet, the mosquitoes are more then happy to take up shop there. I also had to buy new marigolds to replace the slug eaten ones. While I was digging through the potato garden I found one of the potatoes, all soft and rotten – y with out roots or off shoots. I think this is a bad sign for Project Potato. I know there is at least one other runner in the game but I couldn’t find it.

Speaking of the mowing. The drug dealers have a Fruited Mulberry in my driveway. I raked about five pounds of them into the street in a beautify the driveway project and I noticed when I went to visit the back yard that they have one in my back yard too. How do I know they are ripe? And if they are ripe, do people eat them? Can my dog eat them? Other then their very nice smell do Mulberries do anything else for the world at large?

Go to “Contact Me” and let me know.



























No comments: