Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Do you remember a situation when you experienced:


[sight]:: being incredibly tired and unable to keep your eyes open?
One year I was an intern at a regional theatre. We worked hard. The week before we moved from the rehearsal hall to the stage we worked even harder, we thought life was tough before, little did we know how much harder the stage was going to be 17 set changes, 13 actors playing 16 parts. Quick changes for both actors and set. All of this happened around Christmas. I was so tired. I went to Midnight mass with my family and almost fell asleep on my feet. They had to drag me out of bed Christmas morning. We got two whole days off for the holiday, when you do several weeks of 14 hour days, six days a week in one room, two whole days is like heaven

[taste]:: caffeinated or energy drink to keep you awake. (coffee, black tea, coke, anything...) What was it? Did it help?
I drink Coke, I also will drink hot tea. I’ve learned to drink coffee but only as a source of caffeine. I would chew chalk if it had caffeine in it. I have had to cut back on my consumption, but I still have three cans a day. I’m learning to deal, one weekend before a payday, I didn’t have a coke the whole time. If you are caffeine dependent, this is a very long time. If I have too much I get fidgety and can’t concentrate or sit still. I have all this energy and I can’t complete a task because I can’t pay attention long enough to finish it. It’s frustrating.



[smell]:: the familiar and cozy smell of your own home/room.
Probably a mélange of whatever I last heated up on the George Foreman™, cat and dog food with a bit of mold, damp and dust thrown in. Sometimes there is a whiff of clean clothes and mown grass. It should smell of Windex™, cleanser and carpet deodorant.
Upstairs it reeks of heat.

[touch]:: having your feet an muscles hurt so much you couldn’t walk or stand anymore and wanting very badly to get a massage. Did you get one or not?
When I was in High School I worked at a Jack In The Box™. I still hate them to this day. But. One day I must have not been able to find my work shoes or I had an urge to wear something different, got to make the uniform look good! I decided to wear top siders to work in. Top Siders are not usually looked at as a walking shoe or a spend all day on your feet type of shoe. By the end of my shift I could barely walk. It was awful. By the time I got home I had to lay down because it hurt too much to walk.
I’m not a massage person and I’m not sure that one would have helped that. I have heal spurs now and I still have never been in that much foot pain since.




[hearing]:: annoying sounds that didn’t let you sleep when you really needed to rest.

If I can’t sleep everything keeps me awake. The sound of the sheets can be a problem. In college the last dorm I lived in was on a corner. The busses that served the campus had to stop at the corner and the sound of their air breaks all day and all night was very annoying. Another time the Baptist Student Union was having a BBQ or something and was playing very loud music. They were doing this at my dorms nap time , well, most of the girls who lived there seemed to get out of class at about the same time and more then I had thought came home and lazed around until dinner. The front desk got tired of us calling and complaining about the noise so they called the BSU and asked them to turn the stereo down. They refused and someone called the campus police. The campus cops called the real cops. The BSU ended up with a ticket for disturbing the peace. We laughed.

These Five Questions brought to you by my new friends at:
Saturday Senses

No comments: