Tuesday, August 5, 2003

More About Me

Another Tuesday another Friday Five, brought to you by our friends at Friday Five.


1. What time do you wake up on weekday mornings?


6:05 am. Really it’s about ten minutes earlier then that, and I’m pretty sure that it is even further off then that. When the power goes off the back up battery keeps the clock going but it lets the time get a little spastic, but if I had to look at the alarm and see 5 anything I wouldn’t get out of bed. Sometimes the cat lets me sleep to my alarm goes off, sometimes he doesn’t. It’s a game. He could wait until my alarm wakes me up or he could start dropping books at three minutes till. He does it out of meanness. When he is going to play like that he starts at about twenty to six and goes on every 5 minutes until I get out of bed. This morning I got mad and put him in his travel box. Showed Him.

2. Do you sleep in on the weekends? How late?

Really depends on what the animals want. Daisy sleeps later then Kitty but makes more noise, which is a shock, Kitty used to make a huge amount of noise. My baby is growing up. With Daisy, I can’t tell if she is seeing or hearing something that she doesn’t like or she just wants to get my attention. This Saturday, I slept until 10:30am. Sunday the cat woke me up at 8. I have learned how to feed, put out, and put up the dog and feed kitty and still go back to sleep. I usually end up sleeping longer then I would like when this happens.

3. Aside from waking up, what is the first thing you do in the morning?

Turn off my alarm. If I’m lucky the pre-alarm sounding click will wake me.
It took me a long time to find an alarm that wasn’t too loud. Then I go down the hall, I stand in the hall way and close my eyes, then I turn on the light. Getting blinded first thing in the morning does not make the day start well. I curse that light then, but for the rest of the day, it’s really not bright enough in there. The light in the john at work is better.

4. How long does it take to get ready for your day?

I stopped showering in the morning when I realized I could do it at night and sleep an extra 10 minutes. It’s also better for my hair. Needless Make up-ing, brushing of the shrubbery, picking out the squishy of the day - twenty minutes if I’m not moving fast.

5. When possible, what is your favorite place to go for breakfast?

I don’t eat breakfast. If I get hungry at work I get a candy bar. My breakfast is hot tea. I can’t eat early in the morning because it makes me nauseous. If I could be out and about later in the morning I would get a sausage bisquet, I have also learned to drink coffee, cream no sugar.

No comments: