Wednesday, August 20, 2003

On Me, Online

( more from the Friday Five)

1. How much time do you spend online each day?

Too much. I have a very fast connection at work and it’s really hard to not take a quick check when I can. I have a list of favorites at work that are different then my favorites at home. I can give myself an Oar Boat fix whenever I want, at home; it takes too long to download the pictures. When I want boat I want it now. But how much time? A couple of hours, tops, that includes time after work. I have in the past, like last week, forgotten to disconnect and left the machine online all night. I hate doing this. I spend a lot less time now that I have the hook up at work. I can check my email and hit my news sites quickly, first thing in the morning and save myself time later. Just being able to check my email is a time saver and bandwidth saver as I can delete the crap I don’t want. My spam filter doesn’t work as well as it should. Last week it officially, blocked 94 messages; I must have found at least that many. The black out stopped a lot too. Oh, and on that, I was with out power for four days last winter. Like in the Cold. In the ice. In the Snow. I feel for those folks, but the whining is getting old. Okay, it was hot; you had to climb the stairs, butch up. Try climbing the stairs in the cold. Oh, and it stays light for a lot longer this time of year too.



2. What is your browser homepage set to?

The Earthlink home page. In a lovely light green theme. I like the news and it lets me look at sports and finance stuff that I wouldn’t normally look at. It loads quickly too, which adds. The old version was just ugly and it took a long time to load. If I wanted to put it on a real page, I would go with the Washington Post site. Or the Oar Boat site. It would depend on how depressing the news was. Oar Boats always make me happy. The news for the most part makes me unhappy. A few months ago there was a forum I spent way too much time at, it was fun, they talked (I lurked) about my favorite show, they were clever, interesting and engaging. Then, an actress’ contract was not renewed. They turned into the saddest creatures ever, Fangirls they have surrendered to mass hysteria and I can’t hang there anymore. Celebrity Worship is bad for you. It leads to limp hair, a pasty complexion and carpel tunnel.



3. Do you use any instant messaging programs? If so, which one(s)?

I have whatever came bundled in my software. I have used it, successfully, twice. I have used it to successfully freeze my computer 23,000 times.



4. Where was your first web page located?

On Netcom. A very long time ago. I think that it is still somewhere. I’m not sure I ever put anything on it. I was very impressed with the space holder. Today, however, I am Web Site Girl.

one that I tried to link to by failed, a one act I wrote in college

The photo sites
Summer in Paradise, again failed in the linking
Marquette, 2003, once again not able to link to

So, I went from a sad little page holder to four different sites. Dayum, I have a lot of free time.





5. How long have you had your current website?

Reading In The Dark, since April 15, 2003

No comments: