Monday, September 8, 2003

Another Monday

Is it Monday all ready? Again? I did my laundry, I mowed both yards, I cleaned out and filled the dishwasher and I put a couple of boxes into the attic after stacking them in front of the door; after watching them hang out there for a couple of hours and watching them not start moving on their own, I knew that if I didn’t put them away now they would not, on their own, move into the attic. At the same time, I was very comfortable with them in front of the door, but the longer they stayed there, the longer they would stay there. Eventually, I would be able to rationalize not getting out the Christmas stuff because those boxes were there and I would have to move them and where would I put them? And how would I get the tree box out past all those boxes and… it would get ugly.

I decided I was not comfortable with my previous comfort about the boxes location in front of the door, and I needed to rethink my comfort level with the boxes and just move the damn things into the attic before it got to late. It took a lot of thought, I had to go upstairs and look at the boxes and then go downstairs and watch TV and then go back upstairs and look at the boxes and… it was an all day thing, not counting the post box moving stress of wondering where Kitty was and if he had followed me into the attic.

Once kitty gets into the attic, he is just going to have to stay in the attic and I might as well get to donating his cat food and turn his tree into a plant stand. He won’t be coming out of the attic and I will not be going in to search for him. My attic, however will be bug free.

Then, seeing that I could make things look nicer, I got really crazy. I took some of the shells off my mantel and put them upstairs. It’s slightly less cluttered then it was. I didn’t completely lose my mind, I didn’t dust anything and the vacuum is still in the closet.

Daisy and I had a walk on Saturday and we went through the historic district, and again I promised myself I would go back to the cemetery there with out the dog to go look around. I don’t see me just walking there by myself though. I would have to drive and I’m not sure I could find it in the car.

I don’t think I’ve seen people just walking places, people drive to places, they don’t walk. I’m afraid I’ll look like a street person walking myself to the cemetery and, probably up to no good. There are very nice mausoleums in side the gates, a person could conceivably live in one. What would they do to me if they thought I did live in one? I know someone watches the place because the gigantic gates are opened and closed and I don’t see any kind of electronic stuff attached to them. Does someone all ready live inside there? Is it in one of the really nice mausoleums? Or is it in a house that is cleverly designed to look like a mausoleum? Have they been on Extreme Homes?

I also think people will look at me funny as I would be wondering around the cemetery with a camera. This isn’t New Orleans and the cemeteries are not that interesting. The historic cemetery or to say the Wealthy cemetery, because it can call it self Historic all it wants, it isn’t the official Historic cemetery in town. It should have to call itself the “We Tried Our Damnedest To Take It With Us – look At Our Big Crypts! Cemetery” the historic cemetery is full of , with genuinely historic,( with a few exceptions) poor people.

Semantics aside, “WTODTTIWU-LAOBC” is a bit proud of it’s non historical self. Pretty trees though and many photogenic tomb stones notwithstanding.

The people buried at the historic cemetery eight blocks away they buried the,( mostly, but with a few exceptions) poor folks, the black folks, the folks from out of town. At “WTODTTIWU-LAOBC” the folks aren’t poor, they aren’t black and they aren’t from out of town. Dead and buried and it’s still all about Location! Location! Location!


No comments: