Thursday, October 23, 2003

Darkness Falls


What is this? This darkness thing? I took Dogger for her usual walk at her usual time and it got unusually dark. I don’t like this. I have to spend the first fifteen minutes drilling Dog on her new Puppy School knowledge and that eats daylight. I may have to rethink the timing of homework.

She didn’t do her climbing the leash and making a spectacle of herself thing. More then a couple of times. I did the tuggy thing and that did have some effect. It made her stop sooner then she might have untuggy. I want her to stop the climbing all together. I don’t want to tug, yank or otherwise hang the big furry beast to make her stop. She of course wouldn’t do it at puppy school. She was Teachers Pet last night. I’m going to have to have Brosky tape her doing it so I can show the teacher guy.

Speaking of this darkness thing. I think we have a time change coming up soon. Like this coming weekend. I’m not sure. When I was in high school and standing in the dark at a bus stop, I viewed the time change as a good thing. Now, I view it as a way to make the animals wake up earlier then I want them to. I really don’t mind taking Dogger out in the dark in the morning. Sunlight is over rated.

I’m hungry. I don’t think I want spaghetti and I’m tired of the skewered chicken. I had a bigger lunch then I’ve had for a while so I really don’t need to have any more food. I think I’ll have ramen. It’s not really the same as food but it’s filling and tastes like food. I don’t know though. I could also just go for some hot chocolate . I could also have tuna if I still have some. Dogger had enough treats on our walk to keep her happy all night. I want some people treats.

Now that winter is more then just a vague idea, with this darkness business. I’m going to have to finally put my summer clothes away. I didn’t really do it last year so it may be a nice job to actually put it away this year and figure out where I put the winter stuff last spring. I don’t think I put it anywhere, I’m pretty sure it’s the dark stuff at the bottom of my closet. Since it’s and I’m reasonably assured that the dark stuff isn’t anti-matter, I’m pretty sure it’s sweaters and this poorly thought out stretch corduroy jumper that makes me look like a furry hot dog. And yet I wear it.

I did have to reach into the darkness and pull something out and I did find a serviceable sweater. It needs to be washed but I’m afraid of washing sweaters, so I may have to stand out in the rain or something to get that done. My blazers all have torn pockets, while I like playing hide and seek with my keys never, I have never done anything to fix the tears. I did try one time to staple them shut but that didn’t really work and it caused me to get little cuts on my fingers. Tape doesn’t work either and then I end up with sticky fingers. I could, in theory sew them shut but if I hurt myself with staples, imagine what I do to myself with needle and thread.

Once upon a time, in a Costuming class I took , we were told that bleeding on a costume was good luck ( bleed on the inside of the fabric, please!). I’m sure the actors were just thrilled to know we had been told that bleeding onto their costumes was a good thing. “ OOOOOh! Look! Someone bled on my dress! Yea!! I’m going to kick this shows ass!” Right. The same went for shedding blood on a set pieces, as long as it wasn’t visible. The show that I left a good chunk of my finger on a large, hungry wall unit was the luckiest show ever.


No comments: