Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Five More Things



1. Name five things in your refrigerator. - A cloudy bottle of orange blossom honey. I bought the honey cause I some cooking show and they went on and on about honey and the different kinds and how what the bee eats makes a difference in what the honey looks like and tastes like. I learned at the fair that the honeys produced in this state are different colors depending on what part of the state the honey is produced in. An almost empty jar of lite mayonnaise, a can of beer, a bag of carrots and a tub of butter. That is about it. I had left over spaghetti but I ate it. I don’t have a lot in there from day to day. I don’t cook and when I do I don’t make enough to have left overs. If I’m going to cook something I go to the store and buy it that day. I don’t cook enough to have food in the refrigerator all the time. It would just go bad. I keep thinking that eventually I would have a refrigerator full of food and condiments but it hasn’t happened. I am embarrassed for people to look in there. It makes me look like a pathetic bachelor. The beer isn’t even mine.



2. Name five things in your freezer. - Some frozen fish that probably needs to be thrown away, one lonely boneless skinless chicken breast, a plastic container with frozen brown ice that used to be juice from a long ago pork tenderloin, it was good so I saved it. A package of two lasagnas from Sams, a package of skewered chicken, an orphan hamburger patty waiting for me to buy more hamburger buns. Again, not big with the cooking. Sometimes I go crazy with the George Foreman™ and make chicken breasts or hamburger patties every night for a week. I get bored of that and go back to Ramen. I love Ramon. I don’t know why they make other flavors then Chicken. Who eats those? No one buys them. It’s all about Chicken Ramen. I know it, the makes of Chicken Ramen know it. You know it. I’ve heard that they all taste like Chicken but I doubt it. I don’t even want to know what Shrimp Ramen tastes like. Ick




3. Name five things under your kitchen sink. - Blech. The last time I was under there it seemed like everything under there was empty. I have a whole stock of nearly empty bottles of cleaning formulas. I don’t know how they get empty because I spend so little time actually cleaning anything. I wait for some sort of kitchen disaster to really make it clean. Its not that the cleaning is too hard, but by the time I have thought about how bad it could be that I get depressed and have to leave the room and the cleaning. I do have to mop the floor regularly because the dog tracks in the wetlands in the spring. Most of the space under there is taken up with the disposal and the unworking hot water on demand thing. There are also scrub pads, a couple of whisk brooms and some carpet cleaner. I also think there may be bugs in there.



3. Name five things around your computer. – Other then the printer ( broken) speakers, screen, scanner ( not plugged in) and hard drive there isn’t a lot of room. There are two stuffed replicas of Kitty one big one little both Ty™ , a very realistic stuffed rat also Ty™, a yellow plastic flashlight, a yellow plastic ducky and assorted paper I can’t use because its printed on both sides.. On the folding table next to the computer are a half dozen plastic Shrek™ toys, a handful of hair scrunchies, a dictionary ( yes, I do have one) a magazine extolling the virtues of Demi and Ashton, and a scarf.

5. Name five things in your medicine cabinet. - I don’t have a medicine cabinet. I have one, but I don’t keep anything in it! I keep all that stuff in the kitchen! I am so edgy.

Again thanks to my friends at the Friday Five.

No comments: