Thursday, November 13, 2003

Quick Hits


Love me and Leaf me

Due to, ah, popular demand, I raked my back yard. I fail to see how a lovely autumnal carpet of leaves is some how viewed as something that I need to get of right now, while the dirt patch is considered better. I liked the back yard better with its carpet then I do with its dirt floor. But I raked it. And took the leaves out to the curb. Now I have an ugly leafy wart on the front yard and an ugly dirt scar in the back. Lovely. I am expecting any day now to find some red neck looking over the fence to scope it out a possible mud track to race his truck in. It’s a wet lands damn it! Speaking of moving leaves. I think the yard work fairies came to my house. I did a little leaf clean up in the drive way after I vacuumed the yard, a little, there was a good deal piled up on the patio too. I was going to take care of that. I came out Sunday and the leaves were gone. Off the patio and out of the drive way. El Gone-o. Kind of weirded me out.



You can tell a house by its cover

While I was out being all Yard Girl 2003 I saw someone across the street looking at the house. A young woman was parked out in front of the house across the street! On purpose! She noticed me standing there with my mouth open and asked about the neighborhood. I told her it was perfect in every way and that angels live among us and she needed to move in at once and being her friends - lets gets this gentrification party started! We talked about her plans for the house and what flowers she was going to plant outside, the color she wanted to paint the trim, her ideas for taking off the shutters and the awning. How much we both like the little round window over the front door and what promise we both thought the house has . It was really nice and she had all ready fallen hard for the house. Then her real-estate lady showed up and took her inside. While they were inside I had all kinds of happy thoughts. The neighborhood could really use another young person who isn’t running a home based felony. I didn’t have much time to think. They were only inside for a few moments came out to report that the interior of the house is in worse shape and needs even more work then the exterior, and I>it looks like a bomb site. She also told me how much the absentee owners are asking for it. I don’t need property values that low this close to my house. The place is so cheap that I wouldn’t be surprised it didn’t end up as a premium in a box of Cracker Jack.


Puppy School Week 3

The trainer called Dogger The Star of the Class. My Dogger! And she even performed what she was supposed to perform! The first time. We do have to work on her focus but if I give her enough dog chewies she can be very focused. Next week we start the really hard stuff – Sitting and Staying. This is not a talent she has shown yet, she will sit but she won’t stay.


Pet Psychic

I was afraid that Kitty was going to catch the fleas that have fled Dogger. Caught and landed. Fleas all over the house have part of Kitty stuffed and mounted over their fireplaces. This time I’m not going to waste a trip to the vet just to be told that yes, my animal does have fleas, and yes I do need to buy some Frontline™ and yes, I can write the vet a big check. So instead I wrote a comparatively smaller check to some online vet med site and at some point in the near future I will have my Frontline™ and my kitty will have his groove back.

No comments: