Thursday, December 11, 2003

It’s raining again

This is Gods way of making me mop my floor. Last spring God wanted me to mop my floor daily. God likes a clean floor.

Thanks to the rain I was able to forgo my usual race home to walk Dogger before it gets dark and went to the store, sometimes at lunch I want to eat lunch. I had an easy out with the rain. Guilt free spontaneity. Darn the luck, can’t walk in the ran!, actually, can walk, won’t.

When I came home after the store I took Dogger out quickly before I fed her. After her dinner I took her out again. This time she looked at me and said Mama may have been a yard dawg and Daddy was a son of a bitch, but they didn’t make no stupid puppies. I ain’t going out there. Phhht.. To get even with me, when I let her back in, she went out of her way to shake herself all over my clean laundry. Her Mama didn’t make no stupid puppies.

The tree at work got decorated today. By a temp. That is so sad. Last year we all put the tree up and played Christmas Carol charades. Things have changed and it is not for the Good.

The tree angst made me finally put the lights up on mine. The temp was very tidy when she put the lights on the tree. Very balanced and even light distribution. She wasn’t just throwing the strands around the back of the tree and hoping for the best. Okay, so the tree at work will be attractive from all angles and be easy to untrim when the time comes, so what. My tree decoration routine is more free form and I look at it as an artistic statement. Damn The Man.

I was supposed to decorate the tree at work. I made the Nominal Boss mad so she let the temp do it. Yesterday the NB was looking through some papers I had on a filing cabinet and she ran across some dated 2001. She accused me of not filing them since 2001. I took a deep cleansing breath and told her that I often get old documents and those had just arrived in my office. People clean out their desks, find things they don’t know what to do with and bring them to me to file. I explained this, She didn’t believe me. Today when I got back after lunch there was a letter dated 1999 on my chair. Ah ha! Vindication! I took the letter to the NB and said “This was on my chair when I came back from lunch. See? 1999.”. She was a bit under impressed. So she gave tree duty to temp girl. Whatever.

Since I was stifled in my work tree trimming, I dug out my office garland out and draped it around my door. I also taped up my one card. One card from the office nitwit. Tomorrow at lunch, Lunch Buddy and I are going to Poverty Barn to look for itty bitty gift bags. I have all my office gifties now and it’s coming down to the Christmas Party and I need to get my act together and get all of that done. I also need to wrap my family’s’ gifts too. I hate wrapping. I suck at it. Everything I wrap looks like I let some passing three year old do it. The paper always winds up crinkled and the folds are bad and I either end up with too much or not enough paper. I would like to give people pretty boxes. I like gift bags, but they are expensive and I have collected boxes all year. I am ever hopeful.

No comments: