Monday, December 29, 2003

Santa Buh By

How was your Christmas? Get want you wanted?

It takes so long to plan for and clean for and shop for and wrap for and wait for and stress for and then its over. There are fewer packages then there was back when we all were little. We want fewer, but more pricey toys now.

Every time I opened something I was so happy to get whatever it was I felt quite satisfied if this was the last box to be opened. I got books, finally! - Santa has forgotten the last few years that I read. I got two nice thick paperbacks to read and it isn’t even vacation, the usual time of year that I have time to read. I’m going to make time for these. I also got, and this made me very happy, not one but two Oar Boats! One is a sun catcher and the other is a scale model. They are awesome. You have to love oar boats.

I think the scale model is going to go on my mantel piece . It may be time to take down the Ode To The Beach that has been there. It’s kind of busy what with the little t-shirt shops and umbrella rentals and souvenir stands. The mini sea gulls tease Kitty to distraction and the little surf casters have “caught” Dogger more times then I can count. The teeny beach walkers in their tinesy bathing suits point and giggle at me every morning when I come out into the living room. It’s time to let them go. Or squish them.

I also got the theme for my upstairs. I was going to go another way, but I got to thinking that a lighter scheme may be better in the long haul and look nicer over all. It is quite possible to be cabin-y but not cave-y and I think my original idea would over time have been closer to cave-y . The upstairs resembles a knotty pine submarine, but it doesn’t have to be a knotty pine cave. If it was any darker and more oppressive up there, there would be bear scat in the corners.

What else? This would be easier if I had put everything under the tree like it was when I was a kid. We kept stuff there until we took the tree down. I was all grown up this year and put everything away. Ooh! I got socks! Many pairs of socks! I was hurting for socks in a big way. I even bought white socks. I haven’t owned a pair of white socks in years and now I have six. Ick. Santa saved me from white sock hell.

Oh, and a bobble hula dog! Way kewl! I also got a cute top and the folks at work will be glad to learn, a new vest and storage system to properly store my Christmas decorations in. All and all, a great haul.

And then there was the day after Christmas.

Heh. Heh. Heh.

I got my shop-vac. No, Santa didn’t bring me a shop vac, the nerve of not meeting my demands! Humph. Had to buy my own shop vac. I also got a new nativity set, those were on my Must Get Must Get Cheap list. I also found a holiday sweater, a couple of very cute miniature chairs to sit on a shelf and look cute, a plastic bin to hold my wrapping paper, next years cards, and a suction cup to hold up my oar boat. Whew. No wonder I was so tired at the end of the day and then we went back the next day too. Damn.

And I got a new Santa for my table. He’s big, much bigger then old Santa. My Mom got me another Santa that looks nice with my other small Santa’s.

All in all a very fabulous holiday. Next Up, New Year’s!

No comments: