Monday, December 1, 2003

Welcome Back


Well, Well, Well . How was your Thanksgiving? Ate too much huh? Yeah. Right there with you. Shop too much? I did some shopping at a Super Wal-Mart in a town with out a mall. I have been to hell.

Darwin was wrong. I saw people at that place that had no business having developed beyond a zygote and yet there they were trying to decide what other NASCAR™ team ornaments they wanted to add to the tree this year – that tree having gone up the day after Halloween - after they agreed on tasteful #3 Ball Ornaments and a handful of Jeff Gordon™ figurines, and Mom bought the nieces and girl cousins Official NASCAR™ Feminine Hygiene Christmas Collectors tins. They waddled off to stare at the Life Size Caroling Manager Set with Improved Red White N’ Blue Neon Baby Jesus for 2003 and wondered if they shouldn’t just put it on lay away now so they can have it for next year – this years Precise Moments Life Size Spinning Manager Set With Strobe Light Baby Jesus seems so last year.

While everyone else is perusing the Manger Sets Mom heads over to see what they have in the fabrics section to see what they have for Patriotic Red, Green, White and Blue and Camo prints this year and to get enough to make the kids matching outfits to wear for the Christmas Pageant at Church this years pageant theme “Our God is an American and a Khristian”

Dogger and Kitty had a good time. Kitty would have enjoyed himself more if he had had access to “his” bed. Kitty doesn’t dig having to share a life raft with me if he could have his own double bed. He did not understand why this was not being taking care of. He didn’t calm down until he did finally get “his” bed back. He celebrated by not leaving it for two days.

Dogger was um, high strung for the first couple of days. She would not calm down. In a previous life I think she was a very good Jack In The Box and her reward was to come back as a house pet. She! Bounced! Up! And! Down! in her box the whole time. It made her so pleasant to be around. She too, calmed down when the other dogs left and she had the garage to herself. She was playing solitaire when I went down to take her out one time. And another time when I opened her box she didn’t run me over like a large Furry Road Runner, she just put her GameDog™ down, looked around for her coat and asked if we could find a mail box so she could get her cards in the mail.

I even went Kayaking. On the open water. In the dark. I didn’t get eaten by random fresh water sharks and the boatlet didn’t get punctured by any Pinnacles of Doom or submerged logs or uncharted shoals and I didn’t drown . I had a good time.

On the way down I was fortunate that we convoy-ed. Dog and Kitty didn’t have to share airspace or seat rights. It was very nice. On the way back however, Dog and Kitty did have to share airspace and seat rights. It went well, really well – like are these my pets? well. Kitty was in his box and Dogger went between sleeping with her head in my lap and sitting up with her tongue out the window. There was limited hissing and no barking. It can be done! It means I can do it again! Yay!

I had a really great time and I hope you guys did too.

No comments: