Wednesday, December 31, 2003

What Have I Accomplished
http://www.fridayfive.org/



1. What was your biggest accomplishment this year?

Home Ownership. I went from being an apartment dweller to Diana On The Block. I learned how to paint my walls ( and the floor and the ceiling and my hair) any color I want, I learned how get the flood waters to recede in the basement (wait it out and keep breathing) , I learned how to turn my lawn mower on and how to keep it on. I learned how to potty train a puppy, I learned that Dish is better then cable, I learned how to pull carpet up. At work I filed around 100 bins of paper and purged 70 boxes of same. Paper in Paper out. I filled dozens of requests, more in since September then all summer. I got things done. I went to Washington D.C all by myself because I wanted to be counted and I wanted to be part of something bigger then myself. And This. I started This . I accomplished The Dianaverse. I had an idea and I did it and I kept doing and I’m going to keep doing it.



2. What was your biggest disappointment?

That there was so much I didn’t get done. That there were so many things I didn’t want to do. That there were so many things I didn’t think of doing. That there were so many things I did badly. That there were so many things I should have done but didn’t. That some of the things I did, I shouldn’t have . That there were so many things I should have done for other people that I didn’t do.

3. What do you hope the New Year brings?

Better things. A New President. The troops home. A new foreign policy. A better economy, more jobs, better jobs. I want smarter people. I want the Right Wing to be discredited. I want the GOPs brown shirts to be brought into the light and smashed. I want the criminals in the administration to be punished. I want more people to do what they talking about doing instead of just talking about what they are going to do. If you truly believe in something you must take it to the streets. Be counted.

Preaching to the choir doesn’t change things or people or the way things get done, if things are going to be changed, things are going to have to change. I want people to stop mouthing their complaints and do something about those complaints. Go to a March, write a letter, call a talk show, and tell an ass hole that they are an ass hole. I want people to stop rewarding bad behavior by ignoring it.

If you are pretending that you are in a better place it doesn’t make where you are a better place. If you are going to high end grocers to buy food not grown by slaves, this does not get the slaves out of the fields, every little bit doesn’t get much done, just making yourself feel better about an issue doesn’t make the issue moot.

I want to live in a world that people do things about what bothers them instead of talking about how bothered they are by it. I want to be one of those people.


4. Will you be making any New Year's resolutions? If yes, what will they be?

See Above.


5.What are your plans for New Year's Eve?


I was going to go to an Up With Dean! Party until I found out I don’t have New Years Eve day off. I think I’m going to the movies. I might drink a beer.


Have a Safe and Happy New Years! I’ll be back Monday.

No comments: