Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Another Day in Snowerdise


Dogger has found her goal in life. She wants to compete in the Idterrod. She loves being in the snow, it smells good, it tastes good and it feels nifty between her toes and if she can drag me along behind her all the better. I kind of like this. I don’t have to walk, I can skate behind her. Its fun. But. Dogger forgets we don’t all have four paw drive and that while she can think of nothing better then being face down in the lovely, sniffy white stuff – I can think of many things I want to do in the snow that do not include being face down in it. I’ve been skiing, I’ve done the face down in the snow thing when I was wearing a ski suit and I didn’t enjoy it then either. I enjoy it even less in jeans and sneakers. Pavement is even less forgiving then you may think.

So I skate along behind Dogger. She totally looks at my big feet and thinks what wonderful things she could do with such large paws and how really pathetic I am for not taking advantage of them. She wouldn’t lose her balance for no good reason and she certainly wouldn’t force someone else to slow down and walk on a short leash because she was having a hard time balancing her self. Her feet have nearly perfect purchase on the ice. My sneakers keep my feet dry, but they are nothing on ice. My rubber boots are also useless but they have some tread and it’s harder for snow to sneak down the back of them while I am trying to pull myself up from the ground. Bad ice.

Dogger is so ready to race. She all ready thinks she should be the lead dog. Tomorrow, if I still can’t get out of my driveway? Dogger is going to pull the truck to work. It will be a good work out for her and I will finally make it in to the office. I’ve run out of chores I want to do around here and I’m down to the stuff I try to avoid. I go to work or I vacuum the basement.

Today while I was not at work, a little man came to the door and wanted to shovel out my front walk. I told him I wasn’t interested - I wasn’t interested in paying him to do it when I have a shovel and I work for free.

So I did it myself. It wasn’t hard. It was warmer today and there was some melting going on. I didn’t get it all done but I got enough of it done to make it safer for Ms. Mailman to finally deliver my mail ( rain nor snow nor dark of night, my ass!) and for me to take Dogger outside. It also looks like someone lives here.

I went out to the store and bought some kitty litter just so I can get traction tomorrow morning. My street is still not plowed and it’s in even worse shape then it was yesterday morning. I went out so that I could go give blood and I got stuck in the middle of the street. This sucked. I didn’t have enough gas in the truck then to waste it gunning the engine and not moving anywhere.

I did give blood. Successfully this time. I feel like such a loser when I can’t do it. You should give blood too. You can call your local red cross and they can um, hook you up.

Also? Time Warner cut my Red Cross location off from the cable they had been comping them with. $85 dollars a month for three locations and those cheap bastards cut them off. Time Warner is a bad, bad, company. I’m calling them to complain. I knew there was a reason I dumped them. Cutting The Cable Off To The Red Cross! low lives.

Oh. CBS sucks too.

No comments: