Monday, January 26, 2004

For every season, turn, turn, turn… On A Dime

What a weekend.

Here is a short break down of how I spent it.

Saturday

10:30 am – What a gorgeous day! It’s like spring! I have to take advantage of this! where’s my book? we’re going outside Dogger! Get your toy!

12:30 pm – “Okay, Dogger you win! Lets go on another walk! It’s so nice. They say tomorrow might be too cold for this.

1:30 pm – …Sitting on my glider reading my book, sipping my soda, waving at the Drug Dealers while Dogger growls at them. “Bad Dogger! Don’t growl at the little baby drug dealers! Growl at the Grown Up Drug Dealers! You can tell the difference because the grown ups don’t drive expensive little plastic cars. They drive cheap POS Fords. Learn the difference!”. Dogger goes back snuffling around the yard, wrapping herself around the tree and chewing on twigs. Dogger also learned that twigs from rose bushes are not good chew toys. I learn that the seat pads I had on the chairs last summer also fit the glider. I think I’ll eat lunch out here.

2:30 pm – Dogger looks like a lioness. She needs a gazelle.

3:30 pm – Okay Dogger! One more walk! Embrace the exercise Dogger Girl.

4:30 pm – Um. I may want to put a long sleeved shirt over my tee shirt if I’m going to finish my book out here.

10:00 pm – I didn’t need my coat to take Dogger out for a pee. There is a little bit of wind.

10:45 pm – Damn. It’s cold.

Sunday

10:30 am – Where is my paper? I called them an hour ago. Is it sleeting or something? I am never going to get my paper.

12:30 am – It’s Snowing. Hard. And I still don’t have a paper.

1:30 pm – It’s now a blizzard. I go out and buy a paper

2:30 pm – They deliver my paper. It stopped snowing! Goody. Lets go for a walk Dogger. No, really.

3:30 pm – It stopped snowing, it’s now sleeting. Super. Walk Faster Dogger. Gawd.

4:00 pm – I can’t feel my legs.



On to the Golden Globes™



When is this going to get started? Why can’t it just start earlier instead of wasting all this time with the red carpet garbage? I usual like the red carpet hoo-ha, but this time it’s just dull and seems to be moving very slowly. Could it be because I had cake for dinner? Today, instead of lolling around outside like I did on Saturday, I stayed inside and shivered by the stove. To make sure the stove stayed warm I baked a cake. Yummy.

Somebody has to eat the carbs everyone else is avoiding. This may be just me, but - Do people on Atkins™ actually have to exercise? is exercise any part of it? how are you supposed to lose weight laying around eating steak? or are they supposed to get their exercise by talking endlessly about being on Atkins™ Eat Less Move More! Cultwits.

Quick GG Hits – Flesh Colored dresses do not flatter anyone, Are things not golden at the Douglas –Zeta Jones home - She did not look happy, Why did Robin Williams intro Master and Commander?, Jennifer Lopez looked like shit, is Brittany Murphy challenged? Has Al Pacino acted as though never accepted an award before, Jim Carry is a moron, Sara Jessica Parker is still trying to get to the stage to get her award.


No work for me today, at least this morning. Dogger did a 360 on the yard this morning. Maybe later on.



No comments: