Wednesday, January 7, 2004

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise


I’m feeling better. Not well, but better then I was. Sick enough that the nominal boss warmed me that if I was still as sick today as I was yesterday, that I was not to come to work. I’m trying to decide how sick I am.

My throat still hurts and the only food I can get down that doesn’t cause me rethink my stance on fasting are milkshakes. Woman can not live on milkshakes alone. Woman can not afford to live on milkshakes alone. But woman gets hungry…

So it finally occurred to me. I have a blender! I have access to a grocery store! I’m not picky! Food! Cold and colder running food!

Awww. Sweet relief. Sweet temporary relief. Sadly, I can’t main line half assed home made milkshakes. They aren’t as easy as add liquid to ice cream and blend. It takes much more ice cream then I thought. Sigh and they get runny and melty so much faster then the store bought kind. And now my throat hurts again. Yesterday it exhausted itself and went away. Today it’s been there all day. Bastard.

Okay, I’m watching TBS too much, granted. But. I hate Patricia Heaton. I don’t even watch her show and I hate her! I want her off my TV! I’m tired of hearing her go on about how fabulous her hair is, I’m tired of her being all over my screen. I really hate Hootie and the Blowfish now too. I hate the Good Bye Girl song, I hate the “video” and right now they are making me hate whatshisface who plays the Man in the movie and I really like him.

Dogger begged and pleaded for the past few days to be allowed to run and fetch. I’ve been too sick to do much of that and the wetlands are hardly fit right now for her to run and fetch in it. She could fall into a puddle and get eaten by crocodile or something. It’s really ugly back there. If she was a little better with her paws I think she could lash together the branches back there and make her own raft to float on the puddles! Huckleberry Dogger. She would be so cute in a little pair of over alls and a straw hat! Dogger is a hat person. I learned that about her New Years Eve, Kitty isn’t a hat person. Kitty isn’t a Hat On Other People person either. He would not wear a hat. Even a cute hate. Dogger was a little cranky about a hat, but after a little bit … ya know, this is kind of entering TMI. Anyone who spends New Years at home putting paper hats on their pets probably doesn’t need to share the joy. I did also go to see Return Of The King, which spared me finding out about the animals hat issues until about 5 minutes to midnight. Neither animal wanted to hear my noise makers. Actually, both animals kind of looked at me and shook their heads. Agreement at last.

I got through today. The Mouth That Roars didn’t roar at me, I could stand up for more then two minutes at a time and I didn’t hate the phone. So I did okay. Then, I went home. Dum, Dum, Dumb. My power bill was waiting.

$256! I sit in the cold! I keep the thermostat at 65 degrees! Last month it was $66- I changed nothing! I totally do not buy that Christmas Light are worth that much wattage. $256!!! I am cold All The Time!

They are so going to hear from me.

No comments: