Tuesday, January 6, 2004

Insert Witty Title Here

The first thing I said to the Mouth That Roars yesturday morning was I don’t feel well. I might not make it out the whole day to which she shrieked Okay! . I wasn’t just warning her I might have to leave I was sharing with her that I felt like shit. That it might be a nice idea to not drop stress on my head. That today I might be more fragile then normal. On a day to day basis I’m getting more and more like spun glass. It doesn’t take much to really upset me at work. All day I have these people wandering into my office and suggesting that I lost their thing, they are positive there thing is in my office. It must be somewhere in my office. So I look. Hmm, not here. The response is that I must have lost it. That I should keep looking. I turn my office over. I look in files before and after and with similar names. Not There. By this time I can feel my blood pressure working itself up to blow the top of my head off. The intruder will leave my office and find their thing somewhere else. Do they bother to tell me they found it? HA! Why bother. They found their thing.

Yesturday, in my pre-death state. everything was too much. The lights were too bright, the phone rang too often and too loudly. I really wanted to crawl under my desk and die and the people I work with wanted to watch me crawl over 26 boxes of files to find their file.

Like I care about their file . My head was/is pounding, my eyes were/are burning, throat raw and temperature fluctuating. I did not need to be at work. I had to be at work. If I didn’t go to work strangers would wander my office and try to find things. I take a day off to die and my office ends up in hells lost and found.


So to work I go and at work I stayed.

I spent the day trying to decide if the pain in throat was worth it if the caffeine could do something about my head ache . Pain all the way around. And, even better. I am no longer able to make copies unsupervised.

I can make copies. A Monkey can make copies. I now have to show the Nominal Boss what I have copied so she can see that I copied every page. I always copy every page. It’s too hard not to. A lawyers office has a flunky who made copies for someone else and messed up the existing copy. I don’t know this, but I can see it. So they sent it back and said I didn’t copy every page (because they did something to theirs). I think they tried to double side it. Some how, this is my fault. So I get to be humiliated. Because the Mouth That Roars has an office humiliation minimum that she has to meet, right after she nailed me she found a surveyor and made her cry.

I hope NB likes reviewing in detail all several thousand pages of everything I copy from now on. There is nothing like the letter of the law. If my head can pound all day, so can hers.

So add a little office humiliation to whatever is trying to kill me and I had a great day!

Lunch. I went out and thought a nice milk shake would be nice. I got a kiddy meal. I got a toy I all ready have and a milk shake that wouldn’t have filled a Dixie cup, what little there was did make my throat better.

Right before I finally left for the day I sneezed and my face hit my desk top, hard. It was easier to come home and die after work before I had Dogger, she wants to be fed and walked and yesturday, walked in the rain. It stayed Monday All Damn Day.

No comments: