Friday, February 13, 2004

Fair Weather Friend


It rained all day. All day. It was raining this morning and up all day. Not hard rain, just that misty drippy stuff that can’t make up its mind whether it wants to be rain or fog. It never warmed up and it never got brighter then dull gray.

It must be getting closer to spring. The rain didn't turn into ice or snow. It was supposed to. They promised all kinds of ugliness was coming our way. They ran a crawl across the TV to let us know they were going to be on the job at 4:30 ayem to breathlessly bring us the live footage of the weather. It drizzled. I hope they weren’t out there at that hour to bring us live footage of drizzle.

The school district stayed open. I’m sure thousands of school children were shocked to hear that. The superintendent will close the schools if there is even a hint of possible bad weather. I’m always surprised when the kids go to school in the rain. The way they carry on you would think that instead of average school children the county is made up of some here to for unknown bizarre, unfired clay based life form . I have heard that in the past that poor, malnourished, vitamin deprived southerners would eat clay, I had no idea they were using it to build children.

Speaking of wet things. The carpet finally dried yesterday. I took it in and made sure it made it to the high ground.

It has gotten progressively colder as the day has worn on. It was not unwarm when I took Dogger out this morning, it was down right nippy when I took Dogger out after work.

Dogger did not, as I had hoped when I was driving home in the rain, magically turn into a really large orange cat while I was at work. I had been hoping. I don’t understand why an animal that can be house trained can not be litter trained. It would have made my evening much less soggy. I don’t think Dogger loves walking in the rain either. She shakes herself a lot and gives me the doggy equivalent of the stink eye. I can hear her thinking:

Hey! Hey! Ya know, I’m pretty sure that I can hold it. I really don’t need to go outside right now. I have a huge bladder and I bet I can hold it until, oh, whenever it finally stops raining! No, honest! Lets not go out. Lets stay inside and watch some TV! It is so much less wet inside! Okay! You want to go outside. I’m done! Hey! Look at that. Really! Lets go back inside okay? What? Do you have to go? Can’t you go inside? What! Why are we going away from the house? It is not dry out on the street. I want to go home. It is still wet and the park is not inside! Lets go home! Okay! I peed, is that good enough? I voided. I’m done! Yes! Yes! I am. I have no more. Nope, my bladder is a hollow bladder shaped place. And the lower GI? Not an issue! Lets Go Home!

Speaking of TV. I think I’m no longer watching That 70s Show. I was watching it. I liked it. A lot. I was on a couple of mailing lists, I sought out fan sites, and I read very, very, very bad fanfic… I don’t know what happened. I liked it. I liked the characters, I was happy with them. I think I may have narrowed it down to Ashton Kutcher – he is so thoroughly over exposed that I can’t separate him from his character. I didn’t have an opinion of whatshisname, he was just kind of there. And then. And then he just looked too much like Demi Give Me More Publicitys’ Asshat boyfriend in the Trucker cap and I couldn’t do it anymore.






No comments: