Thursday, February 12, 2004

Snow What?!


It was very pretty yesterday. Warm, partly sunny. Mild. So, of course they are predicting snow for today. 2 - 4 wet inches. Yay. (Edited to add, just rain! Woo-Hoo!)

The job will still be there and where there is job there is me. I don’t want to burn through any more of my bonus time then I all ready have this year. There’s going to be a lot weekends at the beach that I’m going to want to stretch out this summer. So, I will be in. I told one of the girls that I would tie Dogger to the car and have her pull me to work if I had to. She said I wouldn’t do that. I told her she hadn’t seen Dogger lately.

I have still have a few things to get done at work and I want to be as caught up as I can. My temp’s (sob!) last day is today and that leaves me back out in the cold again. I wish TPTB would see that, oddly, when I have help, I don’t get behind. When I do not have help, I get behind, way, way behind. In an I’ll- never- catch- up-Oh-I’m-Having-An-Anxiety-Attack-In-The-Middle-Of-A-Leo-Dicaprio-Movie Way. Not fun and not much in the way of being a service to the public. People want stuff and they want it sooner rather then later.

I can file or I can fill requests. I mean the lovely women from the other office could, as pointed out by both my temps, get off their phones and work in my office when they don’t have work in their office. Butthat would be too much like right and we don’t do right. Whatever.

So.

I’m going to redecorate my entry ways! Aren’t you excited? I am. I’m all about looking at color swatches now. I think I’ve decided on a color scheme about a dozen times now and I keep changing my mind. What is written in stone is the bead board on the walls. I think it will class up the spaces while making the walls easier to clean. I also like that it will add another texture to the walls. I want to paint the door one color, the walls another and the trim yet another color. Today it’s going to be gold’s and yellows and bright white. I also am thinking I may like lavenders and purples too. I have this round door and I just think it’s the coolest thing. I want to highlight the roundness of the door and I’m afraid I may fall down the Hobbit hole in my pursuit of cuteness.

The exterior of the door is going to be Algerian Red. That’s on another part of the stone. That leaves the window panes in the door. I have a stick on fake stained glass thing now, but I think it blocks too much light and make's the space darker then it needs to be. I experimented with glass paint on the other entry ways door windows and that didn’t work at all. I think it may have been a vocabulary issue. I think I should have used “translucent” instead of “clear” which seemed to translate to “solid”. I want to do something to those windows. I also want to put shutters up too.

On another part of that stone is painting out the aluminum on the windows at the front of the house. They are great windows, but the aluminum does not add to the whole look. It’s about curb appeal. When the drug dealers clients drive by, I want them to say “Hey, if DD would clean his POS house up, it could look really nice! Wow, lets tell DD to get that house fixed up, Hell! Lets fix it up for him!”.

I haven’t even started telling you about the other entry way and what I want to do with it. Think Reds! Dark Reds! and bead board…

I also want to fall into a whole pile of money.

No comments: