Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Bitch and ye shall receive attention


Remember a while back when I said I went to give blood at the Red Cross, and then I said Time Warner had ceased donating cable to The Red Cross? Because Time Warner couldn’t hack donating $89 a month? Well. I wrote them

To Whom it May Concern,

I was at my neighborhood Red Cross yesterday and they mentioned that Time Warner had in the past generously gave them cable for free, as Time Warner is such a good corporate neighbor and member of the community. They then mentioned that Time Warner had pulled their cable as $89 dollars a month for three locations (total) was too steep for Time Warner to keep doing.

I find such corporate behavior on the part of Time Warner shocking and offensive.

Cutting off the Red Cross shows negligible corporate leadership on the part of Time Warner. This is not how Time Warner wants to be known, and trust me, you will be known for cutting off the Red Cross’ cable. I will tell everyone I run across, in my neighborhood, at the store, at work and online.

I want a return phone call as soon as possible to my work number to explain why Time Warner cut the cable to this very worthy group and when Time Warner is going to restore their service.

Diana



A few days later I got this


Response: Dear Diana

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am trying to figure out who handles the customer accounts that you are referring to. I will have some research this and contact you if they are able to discuss the details with an outside individual. Thank you for your inquiry.


Time Warner Cable Support




Hmmmmm. Today I got this

Dear Diana,

My name is (blank) I … work in… Public Affairs for Time Warner Cable’s Division. I was forwarded a copy of your e-mail (below). I wanted to respond to you regarding Time Warner Cable’s spirit of corporate citizenship. One of my primary responsibilities here at time Warner Cable is to ensure that we are viewed as a good corporate citizen, and to maintain close partnerships with more than 50 non-profit groups through central and southeastern North Carolina. I would like to share with you what Time Warner Cable does to improve the quality of life in the communities we serve. Please see press release below. This event will take place this Friday.



FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE



MEDIA ADVISORY



Time Warner Cable Contributes One Million Dollars to Non Profit Organizations

Morrisville, NC –February 9, 2004 – Time Warner Cable’s Division will contribute checks and in-kind services to more than fifty non-profit organizations… at a luncheon event dubbed, “From Our Heart to Yours”. The value of contributions from the Morrisville based company and News 14 Carolina, exceeds one million dollars for 2004. The value of this year’s contributions is more than double the amount contributed in 2003. Much of the increase this year relates to the value of in-kind services provided by News 14 Carolina and the company’s cable operation.

Time Warner Cable’s Charitable Contributions program emphasizes the arts, education, health and human services, Chambers of Commerce and economic development. In addition monies are contributed to the company’s Road Runners Partners program and to other organizations..

Charitable giving has been a priority for Time Warner Cable’s Raleigh division for more than twenty years. The company re-organized its program in 2002 developing an application process which is followed by all organizations applying for grants or in-kind services. Time Warner Cable partners with these organizations to increase their ability to serve their constituents….

Have a great rest of the week



This is great, but I do not see any mention of the improvement of the quality of life at my local Red Cross and it getting its cable back. I want their cable back on. A guy in charge of something to do with Public Affairs, a different person at Public Affairs the then emailer, actually called me at work today. He left a message. I called him back and I left a message. We’ll see.


If you do not even try to be heard you are nothing more then part of the herd. You have a voice, USE IT! Bitch about things that piss you off, annoy someone, button hole that person, pipe up at that meeting, ask the question when you have the chance.


No comments: