Thursday, February 5, 2004

We Have Lift off!


One small step for computer repair, one giant step for dianaversekind.

Good Morning Children! I’m baa-ck! I know you probably couldn’t tell, but I was all kinds of put out. Both out of my space and mind. The Tour wasn’t as far reaching as I had feared it might be, i.e. , the use of public facilities – I still had to do more driving back and forth and worrying then I would have. Big Props for Brosky and Alphagal for the use of their machine while mine was Away.

This will be shorter then usual as it is later then usual. Some short hits.

Why is it if you are responsible for a, um, problem. The whole world is going to come to a fiery end and it is all your fault. It’s on you to fix it and fix it NOW! . Oh, and you are totally inept, inefficient, you suck and you are lamo drain on society. They have you, or me, as it was, look the world over trying to find this thing. I looked and looked and looked again, cause it might be hiding – Nothing. Nada. It was not in my office, in the building or even possibly in this city. I know because I looked and looked and looked.

I am an idiot. It’s gone and its my fault. The day passes. I want to pass out. “Tomorrow is Another Day”, blah, blah, blah. Phhht.

Yesterday. Suddenly, it may be someone else’s doing. Oddly. It may not be my fault at all (ThankYouGod!!!). Hmmm. Suddenly, it isn’t that big a deal. Really. It has happened before… We can explain, they can deal. It might have been lost in the mail. Oh well.

No mention of inefficiency, fault or general lameness. Suddenly, it’s ok-ay. Not that big a deal. It happens. We can explain. They can deal.

I spent the better part of two days working myself into a state of barely controlled freak out, worrying myself sick , and it’s lost in the mail. When it was my fault, and there is still a chance it could turn into my fault – really not that big a deal. We can explain, they can deal… Until it’s my fault again.

Another hit.

Dogger and I walk the same route everyday. I pass a lot of little houses. Some occupied and some not. Last walk, there was one fewer little house and one more pile of crap. Whatever, one more green lot, one less empty, abandoned property.

The house was abandoned but it wasn’t empty. In that pile of crap was the remains of a couch, a chair, a roll of Christmas paper, and the loudest curtains known to man – I mean fabric I would bet the neighbors called the cops on Saturday Nights. There was also a very loud shower curtain, a floor fan, window shades, chunks of stuff and a vase. A glass vase. All by itself on what was left of the back porch.

A glass vase survived being stomped on by a rental backhoe and having a house fall on it. Not a scratch. A whole damn house fell on its little vase-y head and not a ding, not a chip, not a scratch, not shattered . It was still all in one piece, even after having a rental backhoe stomp on it and having a whole house come down around it. That’s resilience.


I can learn from that vase.

No comments: