Tuesday, April 6, 2004

My Train of Thought Goes Off Roading

I wish spring would just go and get all springy. So far at least here, it has made little baby steps toward its ultimate goal, but it's still jacket weather. It's April it supposed to be warm. Next week is Easter and if this chilly weather holds I'm going to have to wear long sleeves. I have one spring dress that’s church worthy and it has short sleeves, I get dressed up for Mass twice a year and I have limited Sunday Go to Meeting clothes to choose from, I have Midnight Mass and Easter Sunday.

I had to bring my hydrangea in last night. Poor little thing. I forget about it and its gets all dried out and dead looking. The other plants don't need as much attention. I have decided where little hydrangea plant is going to live though. It's going to go in the nook where I thought I was planting garlic.

From the test plant I pulled up, I was planting garlic scented grass. Another gardening failure for Ms. Black Thumb.

The yard is looking better. The weather was nice enough over the weekend that I hauled off and mowed the yards again. The back yard looks very nice post mow, almost like a real yard. The front yard still looks like a mint green weedy mess, with one side looking better then the other. The Drug Dealer mowed his yard too and his yard still looks nicer then both the Nicest People Ever's yard and mine combined. The NPE yard has the same one-sided problem mine does but theirs is more pronounced since they actually have grass in the yard. They don't even have a dog to eat their flowers.

Have I mentioned I miss my computer? I mean, really, really, really miss it?

It's tough having to take my show on the road so much. I'm getting tired of all this diner food and sleeping in hotels. The road is hard on relationships. Dogger and I have entered (sob!) couples therapy.

Starting on Thursday I'm going to have the whole answer dog panel at my house for a few days. That will be an experience. Three dogs and one pissed off kitty. I'm going to spend the long weekend playing musical leashes with the dogs. The exercise will do me good.

The nasty inner Fangirl was pleased to see Wonderfalls shit canned, at least now she won't have to worry about which Thursday At Nine show I was going to watch and which I was going to tape. She didn't need to be nasty about it, I was going to tape Kingdom Hospital because I don't fear for it the way I feared for Wonderfalls. I knew FOX wasn't going to let it live. Mostly of course because I liked it, but it was also critically acclaimed and featured good writing. FOX hates good writing. FOX only likes easy ideas that fit with FOX Televisions credo - The Audience Must Not Think. Thinking is Bad. The Audience Is Stupid, A Stupid Audience Is a Happy Audience. Happy audiences buy more Trucks from Toby Keith.

Whatever. Now I don't have to watch FOX at all.

No comments: