Friday, May 28, 2004

Fun with email, reply-to-all means hear-from-all


Okay, got an email. Deleted said email. Moved on with my life. Everyone else, not so much.


1. Please stop acting like children and stop sending this email.

2. Next time do a little investigation before you waste my time and others

3. Please be more careful and double check these "urban legends" before passing along. This one has been around for quite awhile Go to: Snopes.com and do a check for "Penny Brown"

4. She has been missing longer than two weeks. I' ve seen this hoax at least two years.

5. EMAIL hoax. Please do not forward. See link.

6. Please STOP "replying all" to this e-mail. We've all seen this e-mail for the last 2 years. This e-mail address is not for personal use! Thank you!

7. I don't know who any of you are so please stop sending this email. Thanks...

8. Sorry, but I can't resist. Boy aren't we a bunch of snippy, kind hearted, loving, warm state employees this morning. Give the girl a break, she made a mistake. I am sure she will learn from this one.

9. please stop replying all. we get the message...

10. For the ONE e-mail I received saying the little girl was missing I have received 20+ saying its a hoax. ( gee, I only got 15…)

11. I received this same email over 2 years ago. I later got an email to say this was a hoax.

12. ya what he said...

13. STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP

14. Please stop acting like children and stop sending this email.

15. A lot of folks obviously don't understand what's going on with this Amber Alert e-mail, so I'm going to explain. The first person sent it to the DHHS Newsletter e-mail group. Every time someone hit Reply All and sent another message, it went to the same thousands of DHHS employees who got the first one.Before anyone sends another one, stop to think that your supervisor, their supervisor, and every supervisor in the Department up to and including the Secretary, will get your message.




No comments: