Sunday, May 16, 2004

Three Dogs and A Little Kitty


Okay. Day 1 with the nephdogs. So far so good. So far everyone has had their morning toilette, ate or at least pretended to eat and went out for a quick pee before going back to bed. Whew. I got to read a little of my paper and I remembered to feed the Kitty.

To make this all work we have to work with military precision. The precession of the Swiss military. Everyone must have their clocks set and everyone must be paying attention. Everyone being me.

Dogger gets to go first. It's her house and she lives here all the time. She goes first. Dogger is with the program. She gets up and heads for the front door; she goes outside does her thing and heads for the house. She goes right to her bowl, she eats. I read the paper, I take her outside again and she goes back to bed. I don't have to wake up before dawn and she gets taken care of. We are a team.

The nephdogs are thus far not on the team.. The nephdogs have their own program and I need them to TiVo the little bastard and watch my show instead. I need then lined up and ready to run outside, pee, come back inside, eat, go back outside and then to bed. Not sniff around inside, look around, go outside, and sniff around and do dog tai chi. then remember they need to pee, and go back inside. After we get inside, it's still not over, They then need to hike up the stairs and eat their food but, not the little dog who likes who watch his food congeal and then not eat it and cause me to stand their and do little time consuming Rah! Rah! Eat! Eat!" cheers that I am not really up to until I have had my morning caffeine and seen what kind of day For Better or Worse™ is having. I have tried to talk to the dogs, they agree that schedules are important. They lie.

The nephdogs aren't feeling my schedule. I've tried to tell them its Out, pee, eat, out, pee, bed Amen, and this is how it is going to be. They think its Out, wander around do some sniffing, maybe do a pee, go back inside, look at their food, whine about the food, go back outside sniff around a bit more, pee on the porch, go back to bed. . I've tried to explain that I have other things on my schedule apart from them, like my own dog, like sleeping past 5:15 am, feeding Kitty and cleaning out the kitty's box, reading my paper, getting to work on time… these are things that I have to do.

The little dog thinks I need to do cheers.

Sunday morning was easy, this morning we're on the clock.

No comments: