Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Through Thick and Thin



Once a upon a time when I was feeling very judgmental and disappointed that one of my friends had settled down with someone I didn't approve of, thus rendering him totally unable to do anything with his life, or more specifically anything I wanted him to do with his life. I said I was judgmental, I made this little list for him. I wish I still had it, there where very good suggestions. I think they all had something to do with learning and self improvement. I should have made one for me, as it was, I carried his damn list for years. I never gave it to him.

I think I remember that most of the suggestions had to do more with being like me and less like her, but I could be wrong. I didn't like her and I did like him. If he could have been more like me and less like her I would have liked him even more. Sadly, he liked her even better then he liked me and to this day when I have a phone number for them, I always want to talk to him but always end up talking to her.

I don't know what came of that list. To this day I can find the box of crap I carried around in my wallet in highschool, yes, a whole box of crap. It was a day of heavy keychains and wallets full of pictures. It was the 80s.

My wallet is much thinner now. No more obnoxious list. Sadly, it's gone. I lost it and I don't know where it is. It was a good list, I should have taken more of it to heart. Today I went through my wallet. Its 04 and the big wallet thing is passe and heavy and makes it a pain to find things.

What I found in my wallet

1 Jiffy Lube valued customer card. Bastards. They always charge too much and Minnie Van doesn't need an oil change yet.Trash

I call the Van, Minnie because calling it The Four Wheeled Uterus is kind of time consuming.

1 $2 off haircut thing from the Red Cross, “Great Deeds deserve Great Clips, expired October 03. Trash

1 scrap of paper with my former real-estate agents email addys on it. Trash

Membership has its rewards

1 X-Files fan club card, circa 1995. Keep.

1 Democratic National Committee card. They paid more to send me this then I sent them. It also works as a magic decoder ring. Keep.

1 Sams Club card. Now With Credit Card skilz. Keep

Mastercard, VISA, Blockbuster, CVS. Keep, Keep, Keep, find another home for.

My dentists card. I had an appointment last June 25. I hope I showed up.

My voter registration card. Are you registered? You need to be. Remember. This Is The Most Important Election Of Our Lives. Think of the puppies!

And last but not least, The Worst Horoscope Ever, so bad I had it laminated.

Virgo (August 23-Sept. 22) - Social Gatherings are worth attending. Tend to your health you could be ill and not know it. Learning about life on the streets will be useful. Worrying might be constructive right now

Dated August 1, 1989.

I mean, how much worse can it get? I carry it to remind myself.





No comments: