Thursday, October 14, 2004

At last!


Whew. I’ve been working like a puppy for the past couple of days and I really don’t like the precedent its setting. I mean, dayum. Working at work? that’s just wrong. As much as I have liked getting so much done, I don’t want to get ahead of myself. I even cleaned the top of my desk and changed the month on my desk calendar – for the first time since last February. This is an improvement over last year when I never bothered with a new calendar at all, the calendar spent the year wrapped up next to my desk gathering dust and warping. I also tidied up and rearranged my Happy Meal Toys.

I’m glad they finally remembered I’m back here. I had to go and whimper at them before they finally “came all the way back here” to fix my computer. It had only been sitting here for two days, broken. While the guy was here I got a phone call from some woman who called me yesterday when I had no computer – I told her then I would call her when I got my machine back and here she was calling again. Now that I have my machine back, I think I’ll call her tomorrow. Beware the wraith of the burocrat.

The new machines are very groovy. I have a flat panel screen and a whiz bang new mouse – I’ll never have to clean out little dusty mouse turds again! Its so nice being in the 21st century! The old computers were barely 20th century - the operating “system” was consisted of two Amish guys and a thirty year old copy of The Farmers Almanac.- the computer didn’t work real well, but I did score some lovely wooden office furniture.

We have all these new screen savers and wallpapers and games! I’ve changed my wallpaper three times today alone. I hadn’t changed the wallpaper on the other machine in three years. The new screensavers are cool too. It has a setting where it will scroll through all the pictures you have downloaded. That was interesting. Then I had a beach scene and now I have tulips.

I also had to “get comfortable” with the new and improved browser, in real life I had to recreate my bookmarks. I think I have most of them back and the few I can’t remember what they were, I probably don’t need anyway. The bookmark situation was getting a little out of hand. It was kind of embarrassing, so now I have only three files and hardly any bookmarks, comparatively speaking.

I think I’m going to bathe Dogger tonight. She played Dogball with the nephdogs back in the dustbowl nee’wetlands all weekend and now when I pet her I wind up with gritty hands. I can use this as an excuse to wash her bedding and vacuum her crate. I’m sure she’ll be thrilled.

Kitty has forgiven me for the fall session of Camp Knotty Pine. He went back to sleeping on my bed last night. He had been sleeping on the couch for the past few nights. I could tell he had forgiven me when I went to bed as a person and woke up as a deluxe cat bed.

No comments: