Thursday, October 28, 2004

What is pissing Diana off today?

Thus far? Blogspot is pissing me off. I can’t post, the page won’t load and it’s doing something weird to my hit counter. Pissing me off. The rest of you don’t obsessively watch the hits, because you have lives, but I do obsessively watch the hits and I have no life so it’s important to me. It’s over 10,000 now and I am very excited. Blogspot however does not care about my self esteem issues and is trying very hard to make sure that no on can read the site and then hit counter is doing its damndist to not keep track of the few people who can get through.

I go to the Blogger help site on yahoo and its post after post of “Blogger is fucked up, is it just me?” posts, obviously it is not just me, or them, but still. One poster was wringing her hands because she couldn’t read Atrios. I feel her pain, but I’m more concerned with not being able to read me. It’s causing me stress. I had six hits all morning and I think that three of those were me and the hit counter is supposed to ignore me. Arrrgghhh.

What else is pissing me off? My new ergonomic keyboard is pissing me off. I can’t find anything and it makes typing slower – and I don’t really type. It’s a fast version of hunt and peck. The only thing I can type with out looking is my name and the sites addy. I am so next wave. I mistype something and go back to try to fix it but the right letter isn’t where its supposed to be and I end up trying three or four times to correct it and by that time I’ve lost my train of thought. Arrrrgggggg.

I also hate the printer. It won’t talk to the computer and won’t print anything I’ve asked it to. It remembers whatever it is, in the Job List regardless of how not work related the print orders may be, so they hang out there being all obviously not work related. Hateful. Arrrggggg.

My favorite used DVD store still does not have F911 in stock. Those discount liars. It was supposed to be in by the end of the first week it hit the shelves, but it is still not there. I don’t think Michael Moore wants me to buy his movie from Blockbuster. Moore wants me to buy it from some whole grain free range, free trade, union positive, lesbian bookstore - video co-op, but since they charge too much – Why I always wonder. They certainly don’t put money into keeping those places clean and everyone is volunteer labor, why do they feel comfortable charging so damn much for so damn little? That bugs. I’ll shop more frequently at those places when they stop being so damn precious about themselves and get over the whole “Shopping Here is a Political Statement” nonsense,. Okay, if its statement and my purchases are essentially donations, I want a tax break for spending money there. Shave your pits, ladies and while you’re at it, buy a new Indigo Girls cd. Arrrgggghhhh.

I go to Lunch Buddy’s office to vent at her about my huge, deeply important, emotionally draining computer issues and she tells me that our friend across the hall had to leave suddenly because her doctor called and wants her to have a biopsy, like now. Yeah. Arrrrgghhhh.

No comments: