Thursday, November 4, 2004

The Day After The Day After

I’m sitting here trying to think what to write. There is nothing I can write to make it better. I can’t kiss the boo boo and make it go away. I have to keep moving.

So, what else can I talk about? I emphatically told Lunch Buddy while we were on the way to watch her eat lunch as I have no appetite whatsoever that we would not be talking about the election. We had quite time instead.

I could talk at length about Mr. Kitty’s lower GI problem, but I doubt you really want to talk about the consistency of his, um. I do have a question; can you give a cat Imodium?

How about Dogger. I can talk about Dogger! Let’s see, Dogger is feeling much better. She had a sour tummy too and was out of sorts for a couple of days. Question for the smart people - Can animals get the stomach flu and if so can it be spread cross species? Dogger and I had a nice walk yesterday and she seemed back to her old self, I knew she was back to her old self when she tried to climb her leash. I found her flea and tick meds where I had hidden them last month when I couldn’t find them either - so she can again spend quality time in the backyard again. The yard looks terrible, but with all the dead leaves it almost looks less awful then it really is, almost it looks awful in a seasonal way. The leaves are great, they cover all that nasty dirt and patchy grass and if you squint, it almost looks not all that bad. I think not raking the leaves is the first step to helping it staying like that.

My pumpkins looked great. I am very pleased with them. I think they have until the end of the week before they are officially out of season and thrown away. I stopped lighting them last night – well, the candles wimped out on me and unlit themselves. I choose to see that as a sign... I still have three small un-carved pumpkins left and they lend a suitably autumnal air the front porch. Last weekend I finally replanted my little plants and then somebody tipped one of the pots over last night and left a mess. Oh. Goody. ‘Somebody” may have actually been me while I was taking Dogger out this morning, but I prefer to think of it as an outside agitator.

I’m going to New York City next week! I’m so excited. I haven’t been there since I was a little girl and I have been really wanting to go back there as an Adult. A lot of the joys of New York City are lost on children. I want to see all that stuff. I think it will be good to get away for a few days, away to a Blue State. I’m trying really hard… anyway its going to be fun. I want to see all the tourist stuff. I want to see if NYC looks like it does on TV or if the cameras really add ten pounds like they say. If I go there and find that NYC is actually an Anorexic instead of just thin, I’ll let you know.

I have friends from school that live in NYC, or to be painfully honest and in the interests of total disclosure, (this is a blog and isn’t painful honesty and total disclosure a hallmark of bloggery?) I’m defining “friends from school” as “people-who-didn’t-really-talk-to-me-unless-they-had-to-but-I’m-pretty-sure-they-did-know-my-name”, who live in NYC and I would like to see how they turned out – although I’m sure they turned out richer and thinner than I did so I think on second thought, I really don’t know anyone in NYC after all.

But anyway. I’m looking forward to it.




No comments: