Monday, November 8, 2004

Monday


And here we are again. Remember last Monday when the world was still full of hope? Yeah, that was nice. That was then this is now. Deep Breaths.

I finally had to let go of the dream. I had to make myself move forwards and find new reasons to live. I need to reassess and re-evaluate where my head was and where it was going. I had to give up the dream - the dream of being the next Madam Curie. I had to clean out my refrigerator.

When the cheese sause has been in there long enough to reform itself into an entirely new kind of cheese and as developed a mold so moldy that it got the attention of the CDC? Those people will not take No for an answer! It’s always with the “Get Out. Leave the building. Its dangerous” or “its for the good of mankind. Think of the chillrin, Curing of disease, selflessness”, nothing about big money or huge profits from my cheese thing, blah, blah, blah. If I was Glaxo, and I had this cheese thing on hand you know they would be a lot nicer to me and be handing over the really big money.

But anyway, despite the fact I’ll be making no money off of anything I find in there, its time to clean out the refrigerator. Its was kind of like going on a journey back through time. Remember when I made that icing? Remember when I made those sausages? Those were the days. Mostly it was about, remember when you had all those useful coriander? And now you don’t? Where is all that nice useful coriander now? Oh, that’s’ right they are huddled in the back of the refrigerator creating life. I hope the Bushit admin doesn’t find out! They love that whole primate life thing. Maybe I should have sent the cheese thing to the White House, or Mel Gibson. They would appreciate its rough beauty. They would probably name it. Mel could put it in his next revisionist New Testament movie and make the cheese thing a right wing action adventure star like Kurt Cameron.

I also had to say my goodbys to the pumpkins. That made me sad. Not as sad as they were, because, wow, time is not kind to pumpkins. They don’t age well at all. I thought with it being cooler and all, they might hang on for at least a little bit longer. Totally not happening. It was getting sticky and the sticky was getting the attention of tiny winged things that were not cute, happy tiny winged things. The pumpkins had to go and I was going to have to touch them. Gross. Bygones. They went quietly. The front is a less seasonal but also less sticky place with their absence.

What else did I do while I was trying to avoid cleaning my house? I raked the front yard, did a lot of laundry and cleaned out the refrigerator. I also went into work.

I also went shopping!

I know own my first pair of Kenneth Coles! Yay me. As I was wandering the store, I found a pair of the pointyest shoes ever. I really thought about buying them, because, 1), They fit, and 2) they looked really cool and if they weren’t currently in style they had just been. I could use them as a weapon in NYC. I’d like to see the mugger who would keep going once I turned his shins into spaghetti strainers. Injured and beat up by a girl! They would take his mugger licence away. I also thought what an excellent means of poisoning someone, I should write for Alias. I know that pointy is/was in, but this pair of shoes with pointy toes so pointy, that while I liked them, they appeared to have ended up at the shoe store on accident. So pointy were these shoes, I feared a gay elf somewhere in Elfland was left shoeless. How pointy is too pointy? These puppies were wearable pencils, I could have used these shoes to write home with.

No comments: