Thursday, February 24, 2005

Impending Doom, pt. wha?

It’s going to Impending Doom again, so the news is saying. They keep saying this and nothing happens, we’re becoming bored with the claims of Impending Doomination. We’re over Impending Doom. For example, I did not go to the store at lunch today and stock up on soda and snack cakes, I mean, right now? It’s like 64 degrees out side. Snow? Whateveh. The other day, before the Impending Doom forecast, I decided to temp Impending Doom by momentarily thinking about buying a snow shovel and then didn’t buy it!. I could have staved off the threat of it ever snowing in my zip code for years, but I said No. I just kept right on going. I’m heartless like that. So that tells you this time the Impending Doom may not be Impending, it may Doom all over us – just to prove it can and to punish me for getting cocky.

In actuality, I still have bread left over from the last Impending Doom and I always have powered milk on hand for dog cookies. What I may do just to be nice, and throw a sop at the Impending Doom is to go to the store and maybe pick up another 12 pack of soda and another gallon of ice cream because ya know, its better to be safe then sorry. I have about 15 flashlights and a case of bottled water in my bedroom closet that are protecting us from the eventuality of a hurricane, I think my freezer can stand to play host to a gallon of ice cream for a few days. I do care about my fellow man after all and if nothing happens, I have a new thing of ice cream and more soda.

Since we have been threatened with Impending Doom so often this winter with no results everyone has developed this laissez faire attitude about the whole thing. We’re spoiled now. The first time they threatened us, the stores were full of people with carts jammed with milk and water and toilet paper and bread and panic. And Nothing Happened. The next time there were still quite a few people, but they were buying stuff like chips and napkins, result? Nothing Happened. The time after that they were looking for tomato juice and frozen pizza and again, Nothing Happened. This time? Everyone’s outside enjoying the sunshine. So, we’re all going to die.

It can’t snow. My tree in front is budding and I think my hydrangea may be coming back from the dead – that should spell and end to snow and a welcome to happy spring time. The weather gawds have a sense of humor and they hate hope.

Irritable Kitty Syndrome

Yesterday was a big day for Kitty and I. He actually swallowed all three of his daily pills and most of his orange gunk I shot down his throat went down his throat instead off dripping onto his fur. We were very proud. Of course this morning he totally fooled me by sucking on the pill and letting it drip out onto his fur. Bastard. I thought we had worked out all our med issues and he was starting to “get” the whole pill thing! From what I can tell from cleaning his box, he is “getting: anything. I’m going to have to call his vet again but tell her we can’t come in until next month. Kitty has past his vet budget for the month and possibly the year and I can’t afford to keep taking him back to the vet for more meds that aren’t going to work. I think they should just give me whatever meds they use to control IBS in cats and be done with it. I know that’s what it is, Kitty knows that’s what it is but the vet won’t know until she charges me hundreds of dollars for the test for IBS. My animals get better health care then I do, thank gawd I’m healthier then they are.


PS, No Doomination.

No comments: