Thursday, March 24, 2005

Long Weekend

I don’t know about ya’ll but here in the peoples theocracy of North Carolina, I get Good Friday off. So while you’re working all day, I’m going to sleep late and then probably spend much of the day in front of the TV.

Well. I could but even I see that as being wasteful. I think I’m going to wash Minnie and maybe give the yard its inaugural mowing or I could spend Friday at the mall. I haven’t been to the mall in a dogs age and it’s full of things I didn’t know about and I didn’t know I wanted; or maybe I’ll go to the movies. There was something I was going to see when it came out a few weeks ago but then I didn’t see it and now I can’t remember what it was, I hate that. Miss Congeniality 2 – Look More Cash! opens today, I think but that looks so much like a rental, I don’t see it improving on a big screen and I don’t want spend the money on it. I think it’s a DVD movie, its hard to find the movies I said months before “I think I’ll just rent it when it comes out” amid all the straight to video crap takes up so much space and just makes it hard to find the one or two titles I do want to see – or would want to see if I could remember what they are called who stared in it or the reason I wanted to see it in the first place.

I still have 13 hours of Wonderfalls on the shelve to watch yet, I bought the set because I liked the series and it was good and then it got cancelled after a month and the DVDs have all the episodes filmed – I would watch those but the DVD player is in the living room and I feel guilty leaving Dogger alone in the office when I should be in there with her and No, I don’t want to talk about her non-capacity to lay on the floor and behave herself like a real dog while I’m watching TV.

Speaking of Dogger. Last night when I came home from work, while I was still dieing of my head ache, I didn’t walk her. I could have but then I would have had to kill myself and I decided that a nap would be the better idea. I didn’t want Dogger to spend the entire day in her crate so Dogger got to spend quality time in the downstairs bedroom. It’s bigger then the office and I felt less bad about her being by herself if she could be by herself in a larger room.

I finally recovered, after nap and half an hour under the hot water in the shower, I went and rescued her. She wasn’t there. I was like “How the hell did you get out and where are you now?” She was in the room. She was hiding under the bed! Not sleeping on the nice soft mattress or waiting by the door for her Mama, she was hiding under the bed. She did this hiding under the bed trick twice before she noticed that she was hiding under the bed and there had to be an “over” to the under. Dogger is not a bright animal but she does learn and she does prefer soft to hard. She’s a princess and she has the pink sleeping bag to prove it. Should anyone wonder, have any questions as to whom the baby pink sleeping bag belongs to? It says “princess” all over it, it’s not mine and The Kitty isn’t fooled by sleeping bags. He wants the whole damn bed to himself. Anyone who can see that the pink sleeping bag, most certainly belongs to the 95 pound dog curled up under the desk tearing up the empty paper towel roll. It’s not like she doesn’t have real toys scattered all over the floor, no she wants the toy that she can destroy and make a mess with. She loves her messes.

No comments: