Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Ow. Ow. Ow

I have a pounding headache. I took whatever asprin/asprin substitute/painkiller that I carry around in my purse, I ate lunch, I drank soda and damn it if my head pounds on. I blame George W. Bush. If he didn’t hate ‘murica my head wouldn’t hurt. As much.

Actually, I blame my boss. The Big Boss. This morning she asked for a subpoena request, she alluded to the year 2001. I didn’t have it. She said I did have it. I looked through every subpoena I own, and I own a significant number of subpoenas – no go. I went through the chart for the facility the subpoenas was asking for. I couldn’t find it. Big Boss calls back. She has whatever it was - It was on her desk! It never made it to my desk, I didn’t have it yet. I finally get the subpoena. It wasn’t for something that happened in 2001, it was for something in 2003. The subpoena had been on her desk since March 1. I can’t find what I don’t have, I can not lose what never makes it to my office. Makes. Me. Crazy; And even better? The material requested? she got off the computer.

What else?

The Kitty loves me again. He spent Monday evening letting me know he had forgiven me for abandoning him. We watched Weekend Warriors and Cash in The Attic together. Kitty wanted to watch The Daily Show rerun, but I had all ready seen it. Kitty bailed on American Chopper, he like myself could care less about motorcycles and the progressively less and less likable people who build them, but damn if that show isn’t completely addictive. I am helpless in front of it – its almost as hard, but not quite, as hard to pull myself away from American Chopper as it is to pull myself away from Law and Order and I like the people on Law and Order. I think I am totally over Queer Eye now, I watched it a lot when it first aired but the Straight Guys they are finding now are less worthy than they used to be. I think it’s that they went from regular straight guys to nerdy straight guys. I have less sympathy for guys who collect action figures and live in their mothers basements. I don’t care how expensive their haircuts or how much better they dress while collecting action figures, are they still collecting action figures.

Ow.Ow.Ow.Oh. Good. Now they are pounding on the chiller outside my window! That’s just special. It’s supposed to rain, which may be the cause of my headache and now they are pounding outside my window. It’s their fault the chiller is broken. They didn’t properly secure a service door on it and now it’s broken.

Maybe if I take a nap. Do you think they would understand if I put a note on the door and lay down behind the cabinets for an hour or so?

Hi,

I have a splitting headache. I’m going to lay down for a couple of hours and then go home. If you need anything, fill out a request and put it on my desk and I’ll get to it first thing tomorrow. If you really need something, find it yourself, just step over me. It’s cool.


I doubt this would work though. These people can’t find their collective ass with both collective hands so it’s not likely they could find something like a chart that is filed alphabetically in cabinets complete with little directions taped on them. People are stupid.

No comments: