Friday, April 29, 2005

Bloggy Time

I was going to get all dressed up in honor of Administrative Professionals Day on Wednesday, I had a whole outfit laid out. A skirt and everything. This was big. I dug up a pair of stockings and was going to wear dress shoes. I don’t wear things like this to work. We have no dress code here above “Please Do Not Wear Your Bathrobe to work”. We do have some standards and yet, the dress code did have to be updated to speak to the wearing of bathrobes to the office. For real.

Anyway. I was going to be all dressy. Operative word being was. I didn’t. I set my alarm early to allow for the added time that all of that falderarol was going to cost me time wise. I got up did my thing and got to the dressing myself part of the morning. I put the hose on and went right through an enormous run – more then a mere stocking run, it was a Stocking Hole. A hole big enough to put an entire leg through. Needless to say this squashed right there any skirt wearing ideas I might have been entertaining.

I could have gone downstairs and dug through my dresser again to find a pair of un-run stockings, true. But. That would be too much like work at that hour of the morning and at that hour or the morning if whatever it is not laid out where I can get to it right now, I am not going to get to it. I started to think about how much I didn’t really want to spend the day having to agree that Yes, I Am Wearing A Skirt Today. That gets really tired after a while and I get tired easily anyway and I just did not need the added aggravation of a skirt all day. I did wear the dress shoes though and that wasn’t as unpleasant as I had thought it was going to be. I think this is because I brought back up shoes just in case. If I had not brought the back of shoes I would have been in pain all day and most likely would have developed blisters. Yuck.

So.

Today I wore nice comfortable things. I was glad to have my slacks back and my regular shoes. I am so lazy. It’s not as though there is anyone at work I have any desire to dress to impress. These people wear bathrobes to work and have to be reminded to put bras on before they represent the State in public. We have received emails about the wonders of deodorant! These are not people who care about clothing, mine or theirs.

In big change of pace for me. Today I spent most of the afternoon standing in front of the copy machine making enchiladas. No, not really. I made copies. Lots and lots of copies. It’s easy and it doesn’t require me to be totally awake. Its almost as hypnotic as playing computer solitare . It’s kind of restful, after too long it makes my feet hurt but I get over it and now? standing for hours is more comfortable than sitting for hours for me . I am really tired of that. I am ready for my ass bone to heal itself and move on. Over the weekend I think I’m going to show my ass to the first available TV preacher and have them pray over it for a while. It could work – it won’t but showing my ass to a TV preacher sounds like a good use of my time.

No comments: