Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Insert Title Here

It was warm yesterday. I wore shorts to walk Dogger, first time this season. It was nice. Of course, today it’s supposed to rain and the paper said the high was only supposed to be in the 50s. I think they lied. It hasn’t rained yet and its not 50 degrees outside. It’s warmish. It’s not sunny though and that sucks, its still manages to be very bright but over cast. I want to tell it to make up your damned mind all ready.

And it can chill out on the rain too. It’s supposed to rain all week, more or less. April Showers Bring May Flowers. Whatever. April Showers bring sodden ground and heavy run off; they also make my basement damp.

Kitty has been celebrating the sounds of the new baby birds he’s never going to get a chance to stalk. He’s been waking up very early in the morning or late at night, depending if you are half full or half empty person – and running around with sheer joyful abandon. I would like to abandon him those mornings he wants to share his joy with me at 3:30am. I don’t understand it, it’s much darker in the morning now then it had been in months and now he sees fit to be wide awake at dawn. There are no light cues for him to obey; it’s just him being a pain in the ass all on his own. I refuse to get out of bed at twenty after four in the morning to feed him, its not so bad at 1:30 but its gets later and its too close to when I’m supposed to be awake for real. This morning he let me sleep until five! I was very excited. Now, I’m really tired. Last evening I celebrated my first official day or not having to get anything ready or other wise be doing anything important by watching my TV shows. I put Dogger outside to enjoy the lingering daylight and watched some couple on HGTV tear their porch down. Then I fell asleep. I was supposed to be watching Cash in the Attic and the first 5 minutes of The Daily Show, but thanks to Kitty’s own late night show, I fell asleep.

I did over somewhat hear some colleague of the drug deal outside making a lot of noise, but Dogger didn’t get upset about it so I didn’t get up to investigate it. Dogger lets me know if I should be concerned about the drug dealers’ colleagues. I was surprised that the raised voice didn’t get her het up, she hates when people shout. I expected her to start growling but she never did. I guess he wasn’t shouting on our side of their yard or maybe in person the shouting was less aggressive then it sounded to me in my sleep.

I didn’t get dinner until almost eight because I didn’t bother to get up after I woke up. I watched the last half hour of American Chopper and wondered why they weren’t in family counseling or why the labor board wasn’t on them yet. I guess upstate New York’s Labor Board has different rules for garages – they do keep it tidy but I don’t think it’s the health department they should be worried about. It’s a totally noxious work environment. It makes for great TV but I wouldn’t want to work there.

No comments: