Thursday, June 23, 2005

Those well paying, big benny, Private Sector jobs aren’t all they are cracked up to be

If my manager has told me that she was going to be in an in-service “Tuesday and Wednesday” doesn’t that mean she will be out of the office for the whole of Tuesday and Wednesday? She did not say “I’ll be out of the office for Tuesday and part of Wednesday”. I think in the interests of total disclosure that she should have been more specific about this. I mean, if she had told me she was going to back in the office on Wednesday afternoon, I would have planned accordingly, I could have been prepared. I wouldn’t have suffered the shock of hearing her voice on a day that was supposed to be a “Manager Free Day”. I think I should report her to OSHA.

Speaking of OSHA. FAUX News apparently finds its staff as distasteful as the rest of the world. It appears that they tried to gas them

It all started on Thursday, with an anonymous tip: "OSHA has launched an inquiry into reports that production and technical personnel at Fox News Channel were exposed to diazinon, a neurotoxin class insecticide banned by the EPA for indoor use since the year 2000 that FNC has been using to treat its facilities." I thought it was ludicrous -- until I called OSHA on Friday and learned that a complaint had been filed.

The anonymous tipster said that a technical employee was hospitalized for several days in March 2005 after untrained personnel sprayed the employee lounge with a pesticide. (Fox News says the person is now back at work and doing fine.) Several other Fox employees contacted the blog, anonymously, to confirm their concerns about the use of insecticide. And on Tuesday I confirmed another detail: That the New York City Health Department inquired into the use of a pesticide at Fox News headquarters two months ago, and verified that the spray contained diazinon and was not registered for use.”


I mean, if Roger Ailes was really trying to get rid of these people the least he could do is merely downsize them or just off shore the jobs – it’s a very Republican way of dealing with staffing issues and FAUX news is all about The Republican Way. I would think that just going with large scale euthanasia, while quick and painless is not really the best way to thin the newsroom herd.

”On Tuesday afternoon, Roger Ailes took the unusual step of speaking in the newsroom about the situation. Here's how he described it:

"A couple of months ago we got a report about bugs in the tech lounge. And that night a maintenance guy went down and sprayed along the edges of the walls and we had one of the technicians a few days later said that they had gone out and sought medical attention for this. This person is fine and now back to work and that is the only complaint we received."


How very, very GOP of him. Asshat. See where I work, when they are going to spray they let us know ahead of time and then they do it over the weekend and since they have to spray several times a year, I don’t think they are using a hard core pesticide. Whatever they are spraying here is more Pest then Cide. I understand that the news business is a 24-7 kind of gig, but really, spraying poison on your staff is just not done and, if whatever you are spraying on them is causing birth defects, well… Or it could just be that the staff there is has become so freaked out and paranoid from being in the FAUX news environment - that they think that management really would do such a thing – says a lot about the employee morale around FAUX news. If they didn’t think FAUX was capable of such a stunt, it wouldn’t cross their minds that they had.

From Media Bistro/TV Newser

Speaking of FAUX News Hee!

More Business shinagans:

Snapple wanted to do something cute. They wanted to create the world’s biggest snow cone. In New York City. In June. They wanted to beat out the Norwegians who did a similar stunt in The Netherlands. Why do I think when the existing Worlds Largest Slushy was created it wasn’t created in the middle of the summer? And if it was created in the middle of the summer I bet it was in a cooler climate.
From CNN.com

No comments: