Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Bits and Pieces V. 2.0


Kitty held off waking me up until 5:15 this morning! Unfortunately he also woke up Dogger who joined him in a round of “Feed Me. I’m starving and you hate me”. Kitty didn’t sit still until I was getting dressed at which time he lay himself like a rug across the foot of the bed. I guess all the running around he did finally caught up with him.

I called my vet to ask about getting more of the hard core prescription strength cat kibble that the vet in Marquette prescribed for Kitty. My first line of defense food wise was to go on line and see if I could find it cheaper… and I might have been able had I a copy of the doctors note and the capacity to fax it to the cat food people. The whole point of the exercise was to go around the vet, not join hands with them and allow them to turn me upside down and steal all the money that falls from my pockets! I mean I could get any number of cat vaccinations online with out any kind of note from my vet why can’t I score kibble the same way? It must be the whole veterinarian-industrial complex. The same shadowy group that wanted to charge me for an office visit when come to pick up the bag o’ food. I called them to ask if they would supply me with the cat food in question. I told them I had the card for the Marquette vet and they could call if they were going to get all Mother May I on me. I’m going to need new food soon as Kitty’s apatite is back with a vengeance.

For those of you interested in Cindy Sheehan, Moveon is sponsoring multiple candle light vigils in her honor all over the country. Go here to see if they are any in your area. These are tonight.

Of interest to my North Carolina readers,

Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me Live at UNC's Memorial Hall
Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me, the fast-paced and irreverent quiz show from NPR, is coming to the Triangle for two special performances to benefit North Carolina Public Radio - WUNC. Join host Peter Sagal and official scorekeeper Carl Kasell for a taping of the show September 15 and 16 at UNC's Memorial Hall in Chapel Hill. Tickets are $25 and $35 and are available by calling 919-962-1449.
I really, really want to go! I listen every week regardless of the fact that not a single radio in my house will pick up WUNC. I have to go sit in the car to hear the show. I really want to be sitting in Memorial Hall.

I was putting things away in my attic last night and it was so hot upstairs that I thought I saw a couple of Nazis and Richard Nixon fondling each other behind my Christmas decorations.

Yay! We got a new refrigerator at work. Why does the old one have to go right outside my door? Can’t we just put it out on the front porch like proper red necks? Now instead of everyone at work universally referring to my office a “hole”, now people can say my office is behind the refrigerator. I wonder what kind of bennies the cock roaches union offers? I mean seeing as we are going to be officing together.

I finally got all my vacation pictures into albums, I sat on the living room floor for a good hour doing getting that finished up and that time, not a single cock roach sighting. I love my Kitty.

No comments: