Wednesday, November 30, 2005

2 for 2

And so this morning before I left for the day, after I said goodbye to the animals and checked the lock and peeked at the thermostat, I stood there in the kitchen in my rain coat holding my purse and lunch bag and looked at my very fabulous rubber boots and said “Hmmm. The weather report in the paper said it might rain off and on. It is not raining now. I do not want to lug the boots into the office and then lug them out of the office and back home if it end up raining more off than on. I mean, it is not raining now. I think I’ll just leave them here.” Dummy.

The paper was right. I did rain; although the “on” button appears stuck so instead of “off and on” rain we have had only “on” rain. I think someone should call and see about that. It is raining and it looks like it is going to continue to rain the rest of my work day – because why would it stop? To prove me right? To validate my rockin’ decision making skills? I don’t think so.

I wouldn’t have any thoughts on the matter one way or the other rain wise, I walk the dog in the rain a lot - except that I’m wearing The New Shoes and I don’t think TNS really want to get rained on. I did not end up with the shoes I wanted but I did get nice pair I could afford, that is sadly, not water resistant. Yesterday I did wear the rain boots to work and carry TNS in a bag and I should have just done the same thing again. I even thought a little bit before I left work Monday about leaving TNS in the office and wearing the boots home and totally cutting out the whole issue all together but of course, I thought that was a waste of time and what happens if it doesn’t rain? I would be caught clumping through the parking lot in rubber boots and that would be bad? The “cool kids” would shun me? Whatever. Dummy.

Under that rain coat as I decided TNS fate, I was wearing warm clothes. It’s not cold here, it’s muggy and humid and wet. I am wearing a turtle neck and a thick sweater. Why am I dressed this way? Because I was cold at work yesterday and decided to not be cold today. I complained about being cold and didn’t expect anyone to listen, no one has listened in the past, why start now? Today the office is comfortable. Down right balmy. I’m not warm, I’m hot. I’m doing well decision making wise today.

Nephdog is going home this afternoon so I won’t get to see if he likes to walk in the rain. He didn’t seem unhappy while I was giving him a bath the other day but it was like trying to lather up a seal and he did keep looking at his watch and asking if I was hearing the phone ring and could I be a dear and go check his cell for him.

Dogger may not get walked today either but I don’t think she’ll complain much about it, but I bet she will and she will make my evening miserable. I have a couple of hours of TV this evening and I do not need to be miserable. My Name Is Earl is not (insert sobbing) on, instead there is a two hour The Biggest Loser. It’s kind of funny, a show about people working hard to be big losers trumping a show about a guy who achieved big loserdom and is now working hard not to be a loser.

No comments: