Friday, March 24, 2006

As Tax Day approaches...

But the most controversial research focuses on "intercessory" or "distant" prayer, which involves people trying to heal others through their intentions, thoughts or prayers, sometimes without the recipients knowing it. The federal government has spent $2.2 million in the past five years on studies of distant healing,

Our tax dollars at work. I don't want my tax dollars working this way. I don't care how small a percentage of the budget is earmarked for this kind of "research"; it is still being spent in a way I do not approve. If the extreme right bitches about "their" tax dollars being used for family planning, I think those of us in the reality based community can and should bitch about this.

Researchers study prayer's influence on healing

No comments: