Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Blahness

Dogger didn’t get a walk yesterday. It was raining, cold and I had a headache. Dogger doesn’t like the rain and isn’t wild about the cold; so the lack of walk was not completely self serving on my part.It was like serving myself cold fries or bringing myself the wrong drink. it was not serivce with a smile.

But she is going to have to walk tonight. It is still raining and not warmer but I’m not in pain and for a change I’ve been able to have the over head light on in my office all afternoon so I think I’m probably doing better and I should walk while the iron is, um, well, something Do hot irons tolerate over head lighting?

Dogger is still not going to be wild about walking if it’s still raining though but I need the exercise – so there is still an element of self serving in my desire to walk her but it must be an element we don’t use often. A small element. But then I remember that I am the Person and we don’t walk because I don’t want to, or we walk because I want to. Dogger is the dog and she doesn’t get a vote. Dogger would be just as happy to hop up on the ottoman and watch Season II of Hogan’s Heroes all evening as she would to go for a walk. More happy with the ottoman option if it’s still raining.

it doesn't matter. We aren’t going to watch Season II of Hogan’s Heroes all evening, again. We are going to go for a walk! Walk, walk, walk! Because walking is good for us and the eleventyteen plastic bags I have are not going to recycle themselves into useful members of the comunity. Dogger’s walks are a benefit to the entire ecology.

But... it’s gray and ugly and drizzly and not warm. It is only moderately less ugly than it was last evening at this time and I had no problem whatsoever not walking the dog. I sat in front of the TV and ate the cake that I made Sunday after I decided I was hungry but not so hungry that I wanted to eat something right now. Hungry in a “I want to make something I can eat later”: way. I added chocolate chips to it so it is very good. It’s very , very, very bad though and every piece I scarf down voids anything positive I may get from the walks I did take Dogger on over the last few days. I also had a green beer Friday night and it was not “Lite”. Sigh. I have been keeping the house cold, so maybe I am burning a few extra calories trying to stay warm but I not enough to make up for cake or the beer.

I should be getting extra exercise by by taking Doggers crate out of her room and bringing back her bed. The bed is much better than the crate for any number of reasons - except for the times when I really, really, really want to lock her obnoxious doggy self up in the crate for a few minutes so I can finish downloading something or I have a cramp in my dog head petting hand and if there is no crate in which to lock her up in, I don’t have the crate to lock her up in. I am a bad dog owner. Bad. I should feel bad.

If I was really a good person I would this evening, A) Bath Dogger and then B) replace her crate with her bed. That would be a nice thing to do, but at the same time, Dogger seems to really like the crate and she isn’t able to eat the crate which cuts way down on the screaming at Dogger time we both have grown to not enjoy - but the crate is kind of crib like and she is a big Girl Dog now and she should be in a big Girl Dog bed – her bed.

Whatever.

The grayness and the general blahness does not put me in a mind of being useful. It puts me in a mind to curl up on the chair with Dogger and a few good episodes of Hogan’s Heroes

No comments: