Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Bush: U.S. will succeed in Iraq

Shrubs grandchildren will be grandparents but damn it...

"I'm confident, I believe, I'm optimistic we'll succeed -- if not, I'd pull our troops out," Bush said during a White House news conference. "If I didn't believe we could succeed, I wouldn't be there. I wouldn't put those kids there. I meet with too many families who've lost a loved one to not be able to look them in the eye and say, 'We're doing the right thing,' and we are doing a right thing."Bush also hinted that U.S. forces could remain in Iraq after his presidency ends in January 2009 -- in answering a reporter's question about when all American troops would leave. "That, of course, is an objective," Bush said, "And that will be decided by future presidents and future governments of Iraq.".Bush appeared to acknowledge some mistakes in Iraq but repeated his opinion that the costs of failure would be too great to withdraw troops

I am confident that never going to leave. I am optimistic that he is clearly delusional. "We're" not doing anything, "we" aren't making the decisions, HE is still doing the WRONG THING THREE YEARS LATER.

On Iraq's neighbor Iran, Bush expressed concern about Tehran's suspected nuclear weapons program, saying it eventually "could blackmail the world."

We are also going to invade Iran.

Other issues

Tax cuts: Bush said he's going to continue to work with Congress to make his legislated federal tax cuts permanent, to restrain federal spending and to cut the deficit in half by 2009

He is going to cut 9 trillion dollars in half? HOW. I think we do not want to know.

Gay marriage: "I believe society's interests are met by defining marriage as between a man and a woman

In what way are they better met?

No comments: