Friday, April 28, 2006

Damming my stream of thought

Because I know that wait with breathless anticipation for the daily update as to the temperature of my office, my report today is: It’s Cold.

Yes, it is cold. It was hot and then it was warm and now it is cold. It’s like the circle of life.

I’ve thought about how nice it would be to work in a climate controlled environment but how much fun would that be? Where is the challenge of knowing ahead of time that it is going to be 72 degrees in the office when you come in? I mean, it is so much more dramatic to have no idea what it’s going to be like until you walk in the door. - will it be a warm day? Will it be a hot day? Will there be popsicles? Will I be a Popsicle? I mean. I am convinced the building has a very small penis because it is always over compensatining for stuff. It can’t just be warm it has to be hot; it can be a little chilly with out there being appreciable snowfall in the hallways. I wish it would just buy a sports car and leave us alone.

Mini Kitty is being a great house guest. So far she’s been here two full days and I’ve only seen her twice. True, one of those times she was running up the stairs in front of me with her head turned, hissssssing at me, because I was there, but that’s fine. I just wanted to do a head count and I really didn’t care what her head was doing, as long as I knew where it was I didn’t care, she could make as many sound effects as she wanted. She can wast her energy any way she sees fit.

Mr. Kitty is doing well too. He woke me up last night asking for food. He hasn’t done that in I can’t remember, so I’m glad to see his apatite is getting stronger. I don’t love being awake at 2am but if it’s in the service of his little health it’s worth it.

What else?

If it doesn’t stop raining soon poor Dogger may never get a walk again. It poured all day yesterday and it’s been pouring all day today and it doesn’t look like it’s going to stop. Poor Dogger. If it was warmer and raining, we would be walking but its too cool out for that. Dogger doesn’t like the rain anyway. I put her out in the yard instead and she spends the whole time staring at me through the window. It was very sad – not so sad that I let her in right away, but she got points for trying to work the “I’m so poor and wet and pathetic” angle as well as she did. I think she practices the look while I’m at work. I would feel sorrier for her if she bothered to try to find some way to get out of the rain instead of sitting in the middle of it like a broken toy. She can manage to hide from the birds but she makes not effort to get out of the weather. Silly Dogger.

No comments: