Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Stuff

CSI Miami aired a show Monday night that was a follow up to a show that aired, I would have sworn, last season and then preceded to make us believe that a matter of weeks had passed between episode A and episode B aired last night. It was very confusing. I think it’s a case of too many reruns and too many interruptions and the fact that they never have made it clear the time line the show follows. Is it one episode= I week? It’s not clear. It would have also been nice if they could have rerun episode A during the most recent spate of reruns so that we might remember these people in the first place. The bad guys created in episode B weren’t all that bad and the “Bonnie and Clyde 2.0 characters from episode A not really compelling or bad in episode A . They did this big build up for Bonnie and Clyde 2.0 who then wimped out and went out like Thelma and Louise! I mean how 1991! Live fast, Die Young and Leave a Good Looking Corpse but if you are really into the whole drama of it? Don’t take drowning as your out, you leave a wet corpse and your outfit is totally ruined and will hang badly and no one looks good with wet hair or smeared make up. I mean, do some research! Try some different death options before you go the whole way! See how you’ll look “dead”.

I would have thought the big , bad TV show would have thought about that. And as to "we don't want to glamorize crime and suicide so we took them out in a lame way", puh-lees. Drowning them was so done.The glamorized been-there-done-that. They should have killed them off, punished them for being bad in a more spectacular way, a less 1991 way at the very least. It’s a CSI for Gawds sake! They are all about creating sexy deaths. And yet, I will watch next week. I don’t even like the show, if only to see what they do next. If there was anything else on network TV 10pm on Monday, I might watch it. I tried watching American Chopper for a while but they repeated too often and they aren’t on network TV, I would have to stay downstairs and I don’t wanna. I wanna watch TV upstairs. I just checked to see what I could be watching. Yeah, nothing else on. Very sad.

What else.

One of the women I worked with, one of the latter day groupies told me that she asked a feral cat person about what we should do about the disposition of our office cats as it gets closer to our move out date from this building. The feral cat person was not hopeful that our cats will just pack up their stuff and come with us, but she did leave open the hope that the cats have a wide territory and depending where the new building is (about a block away) they might wind up there following the food. I hope so, but I’m not going to hold out much hope. I’ll be really happy if I do pull up in front of that building and see my little kitty friend galloping out to greet me like he does here, but I’ll have to learn to deal with it if he never does, this building is his home and has been for years.

I thought the LDCG were kind of wacky about this but only because they thought to think about it before I did. We thought about ways to make him come down to the new building, trapping, drugging - what to use and how much of the drug it would take to bring a cat down with out harming it, honestly, a pharmacist has been consulted! No one has talked about how one would pill a feral cat and the fact that cats won’t eat food smells messed with, and if we should be successful in our cat drugging then how would we find our little drugged up kitty post drugging? The drugging of the cat may not work, so we also discussed leaving a trail of cat snax to lead them to the new building… anyone out there know about hearding cats?

No comments: