Tuesday, May 9, 2006

Eat The Rich

I mean, really. Go find some, sprinkle some salt on them and then chow down. I saw this ad:



Hot Potatoes!
THESE LITTLE TUBERS HAVE
A SILVER LINING
Inspired by that indigenous Andean staple,
these sterling-silver potato bowls by
Surevolution (www.surevolution.com) are
hand-hammered in Bolivia; $5,500 (top) and $4,400.
At Donna Karan, 819 Madison Avenue.


$5,500 for sterling silver potato bowls!... Wrap your mind around that. Think on it for a moment."Hand hammered in Bolivia". Why yes, that makes them worth five grand! Marie Antonette would love these! who else would have use for "potato bowls" sterling or otherwise? There is something so Reagan era about this product. I think it is aimed at the same group who used to support hand made Bolivian product years ago. Why didn't they just preface it with: You used to throw your money away on Bolivian product now throw your money away on this Bolivian product!! GAWD! How much do you think the hand hammerers are getting per hand hammered bowl? Do ya think it's not the entire $5,500? Do ya think it's a little less? a lot less, a huge amount less? Maybe lunch? I hope they eat rich people.

Bolivia
Surevolution - no prices given,natch. the most pretentious load of bull shit I have ever seen.

While I was "researching" this, I found I was not alone The Velvet Blog got there first.

No comments: