Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A New View

If I had sprung for a web cam and you watched people’s web cams, you would see that I am peering at into my suddenly absurdly bright monitor squinting and making a face. I have no doubt that when the sun finally blows someday, my monitor will step in and take over. It is that kind of bright. I mean , damn, it could literally light the world. I’m pretty sure if I put cake batter near it, I would end up with cake. Totally. It's a monitor, a source of heat and light and an Easy Bake Oven

I was sitting in my living room earlier, the cat lolling on my lap, MASH chortling along in the background, me in my sunglasses...Yes. I was wearing my sunglasses inside. Have you ever noticed how bright your TV is? It is insane how bright common household appliances are - turn on your microwave? Bright freaking light! Open the refrigerator! It’s a do it yourself tanning salon! I had to turn on the oven light and I think I scared my retinas. There should be warnings on these things.

So, why the sunglasses?

 Posted by Picasa


I went to the optometrist today and he agreed with me that my prescription has changed again. He also agreed with me that I am sensitive to light. He also put drops in my eyes to dilate them - so that I could become even more sensitive to light.

 Posted by Picasa


Hence, the sunglasses at night... Ow! The monitor! It burns!....

No comments: