Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Blog Things

Two minutes ago it was raining so hard I could hear it banging on the roof. I was thinking that Dogger was going to have to get her exercise chasing The Kitty because I was not going to take her out in that. She doesn’t really like rain anyway. Now? Two minutes later? It’s bright and sunny. Dogger will get her walk after all. I’m working on schedule that allows us to both get a walk and hit the dog park as well without exhausting both of us. I take her to the park at six, bring her home by about 6:45, feed her and then go for a walk. I spend less time sitting in front of the TV and she spends more time in motion. Okay, five minutes later and its very dark and I think it’s raining again. We may walk in place.

Do you know about Blog Things? I love Blog Things. It’s almost better then solitaire for self hypnosis. I went by there and low and behold found out how Machiavellian I am. I was pleasantly surprised. I’m not all that Machiavellian. The Kitty has not rubbed off on me as much as I thought. Good for me. I’m only somewhat Machiavellian.

You Are Somewhat Machiavellian

You're not going to mow over everyone to get ahead...
But you're also powerful enough to make things happen for yourself.
You understand how the world works, even when it's an ugly place.
You just don't get ugly yourself - unless you have to!


After I discovered I am a relatively nice person, I found that I should go to Dublin, where the other relatively nice people congregate. I hadn’t thought about going there but I find that we would get along well. The fact we both speak versions of English, which would help with asking directions enroumusly. To be honest, I wasn't going to learn Itilain anyway. The fact we both talk funny would be something we could bond over as well or at least act as a handy conversation starter. I bet they don’t hear “ya’ll” a lot there. I thought the European city I wanted to go to was somewhere in Italy, like Verona or Naples: I was wrong.
You Belong in Dublin

Friendly and down to earth, you want to enjoy Europe without snobbery or pretensions.
You're the perfect person to go wild on a pub crawl... or enjoy a quiet bike ride through the old part of town.


When I get back from Dublin, I am going to find myself so changed by the experience I am going to change my name and I’m going to become a Hawaiian. Maybe I’ll hang little shamrocks on my lei and drink Guinness out of a coconut shell. Who knows?

Your Hawaiian Name is:

Lokelani Iolana


Now where was this Blog Thing when I was scouting around for majors all those years ago? This might have helped; instead I looked at course requirements and picked the one with the least math.

Your Scholastic Strength Is Evaluating

You are great at looking at many details and putting them all together.
You are talented at detecting subtle trends, accuracy, and managing change.

You should major in:

Statistics
Speech
Conflict studies
Communication
Finance
Medicine


Stats? are they kidding? I may have to start questioning the wisom of the Blog Things! do you know how mathy stats are? Totally mathy! I may have to question how much I want to go to Dublin and change my name! I may very well be more then just somewhat Machivellian!

No comments: