Friday, June 9, 2006

The Good and The Bad

I still just have my sad little .45. I thought about it earlier in the day this time and went out and got my coke. And a couple of pop tarts – I would have passed on the tarts but even I don’t feel right about putting $1.15 on a credit card.

Right now I am decided if I would rather sit in the a little too dark or in the way to bright. It wants to rain out, actually according to the national weather service the sky wants to open up and rain hell down. I think the weather is giving me a headache. All morning it was as quite as a tomb around here and all of a sudden the secretaries are paging over head every fifteen seconds. It is very irritating. We have voice mail, damn it, use it.

This is old news by now, but Blogger was bloggered and it wouldn’t let me post it.

First vaccine to protect against cervical cancer in girls and women wins approval by Food and Drug Administration.

Sadly, I was really surprised to see this go through. The climate is not friendly to rational thought and I really thought the flat earth anti-woman forces were going to win this. Perhaps they came to realize that their teen age daughters despite having signed that virginity pledge, still possess a cervix as do all woman regardless of what their sexual history’s may be. A mattress back has the same cervix as a nun. All woman’s got them a cervix and they all can develop cancer. Even nice girls…. I’m sure though that somewhere some GOP operative is going to have his head on a plate after this. Where was Bill Frist? Or Santorum? regardless, Yea!! To the anti-cancer researchers out there.

Next question, where do I get my shot? Will they give it to me with out asking or will I have to answer questions about how I am using “their” uterus? Will I have to promise to get pregnant soon? I got irrationally offended at an ad I saw the other day. It was all about the wonders of Clorox through the generations. The symbol of our time: A pregnant woman in white. It really offended me. I’m a stock holder, I should complain.


Dear Clorox,

Hi. I’m a stock owner. I bought your stock because I felt that no matter how bad the economy got or how badly the administration screwed things up that people would still need to be able to clean their clothes and keep their homes tidy. I figured that bleach would be a good solid investment. Clean never goes out of fashion, even if you have to buy everything you own from dollar stores, you still want everything to look nice.

Personally, I have found your product to be a crackerjack way to kill the grass that grows in the drain at the bottom of my basement steps. You can use that by the way: It works like a charm to kill unwanted grass seedlings in outdoor drains.

Anyway. I was flipping though a magazine and I saw your ad marking the many generations that have used your product. The ad was illustrated by a group shot of models costumed in period dress – all white women, in white.

What products do non-white women buy? You should find out and try to market to them too – that wasn’t my chief complaint though. My chief complaint about the ad was how the model chosen to be the avatar of our time was presented. All the models were portrayed as symbols of their time: a Flapper from the 20s, (I’m guessing there was no model from the thirties as the poverty stricken women of the depression era didn’t have the money to keep their whites white) A WAC from the forties, the fifties were represented by Marilyn Monroe. The sixties, a go-go dancer, and the seventies as Farah Fawcett ( I'm thinking theThe eighties were skipped as we were too busy working outside the home to separate out our whites?) and finally, the modern woman circa 2006, she was depicted as BAREFOOT AND PREGNANT! What exactly were you thinking? What message did you think you were sending to your costumers? Is that what we should be? Is that how you see us? in 2006?!

I’m a stock holder and I am angry and I demand this ad be pulled and a full page apology extended to the women of 2006, and even more importantly to ME YOUR STOCK HOLDER..

Sincerely,

Diana

PS – Die in a fire.



Edited to add: Have Google will complain:

Thank you for contacting Consumer Services. You will receive a response within 48 business hours.

Edited again - It's in the mail.

I did remove the "die in a fire".

No comments: