Thursday, June 8, 2006

Skin Deep

I’m sitting here wondering if it would be worth it to go down the street and get a soda. I have exactly .45 in cash at present and the cokes machines don’t take plastic. I really, really want a coke. I keep looking at the time and telling myself that I’m going to be home soon and I don’t drink soda after a certain time and if I just hold on for a little longer I won’t be able to have the soda in question anyway. I still really want one. It would be really nice if they could make the coke machines accept pennies. I have plenty of pennies.

I keep digging through my desk drawer to see if maybe at some point I got clumsy or exhibited some for thought, and threw a couple of quarters or some dimes in there and they have been waiting all this time for me to just have a moment just as I am now… In reality, if there had been loose quarters running around in the drawer they never would have lasted this long. If I didn’t take them out the pen thieves would have. If left to my own devise the knowledge that the quarters were there in the first place would have made me crazy, I would have had spent them just because they were there and I could. What if they were just there and I didn’tuse them? They would have gone to waste! The horrors!

There could be all kinds of stuff lose in that drawer but I am too chicken to do a real search. It’s scary in there! Before we move I’m going to have to take the desk apart and carry it outside and burn it. It will be the easiest than trying to clean it out manually and box all that crap up and a lot of the shite in my desk isn’t even mine. I inherited this desk when I came on and while they had gone through and removed everything of value, they left behind a lot of crap and I didn’t know how to prioritize it when I came in and now I don’t want to. I’m just glad they come through periodically and fumigate the building.

Speaking of things that need to be fumigated. Dogger has ear mites again and it isn’t pretty. These made her near to death a couple of years ago and I want to take care if it this time. It’s very gross. There are things we are not meant to know about in the interiors of our dogs (as well, I believe our desk drawers) and now sadly, for me the mystery is over. She has such cute ears on the outside but sadly, that beauty is only fur deep. She has also developed her summer prickly heat issues again and that is always such fun. Did you know if it wasn’t for my pets I would not have any first aid supplies in the house at all? All of what I have I bough specifically for them and frankly, once that bottle of peroxide has been used on a dog, it just seems so much less clean than before…

PS. Do ya’ll watch Rescue Me? ( FX Tuesday nights 10pm) You really should! Remember first season NYPD Blue? Yeah, like that only better. Great stories, terrific scripts, fascinating (if deeply flawed) characters and stellar performances from an awesome cast week in and week out.

Have you ever been watching TV characters do each other wrong and said “Damn; if some SOB did that to me in real live I would lose my freaking mind. I’d have to find a way to kick that son of a bitches ass”, and then had to watch the TV characters just kind of get angsty and not do anything about the ass kickable offence? I hate that too. On Rescue Me they do what you would do if you could do what you wanted to. Warning though, not for the prudish or weak of heart - it’s strictly a grown up TV show. Think The Shield or The Sopranos. With Denis Leary.

No comments: