Monday, August 14, 2006

If it's not one thing its' another

I have this nice green frame.




I like it, it's pretty. I bought it to spruce up the office room as well as display a picture I had taken that I exspesally liked. It was also very green. Green picture, green frame, green room. It looks nice all together.


Well, a year had passed I wasn't seeing the picture anymore. I mean, it was still there I just wasn't seeing it any longer, I needed a change. A new green picture for my green frame.

So.

I went through the greenish photos I had taken during this years vacation and I picked one out.




I was pleased. It was pretty, it was green and it was also one of my favorites from this year. I pulled it out of the album and went to go replace last years photo. Last years green photo was a 5x7, as was the green frame. I was going to have to go get the picture enlarged. Not a problem. I had other pictures I was thinking of framing and I could just go do them all together. I packed all of them off and set out for the Wallgreens. On the way I stopped by Poverty Barn and looked at their collection of frames. My plan had been to get the Shape photos enlarged to 5x7 and framed together in a quad frame. Well, they don't make quad frames for four 5x7s photos. They make them for four 4x6 pictures. So. I didn't need to get those enlarged. Good. Saves money saves time. Now I was down to the one photo that needed work. I did this last year, it was easy, fast and cheap. Go in go out go home and frame my picture. Immdiate gratification. I like that.

Well. Last year I liked that. This year I got screwed. First off there was a woman standing at the machine for three hours. I mean! She didn't know what she was doing and there was a clerk helping her and it was taking forever. The other clerk told me to leave the picture and come back in half an hour and it would be done. Fine. I can deal with a half hour wait. I went across the street to Wal-Mart and looked around at their collection of frames. I came back. The lady was still at the machine and the clerk was now asking if I could come back tomorrow. I said fine and I went home.

That was trip one of the Project Enlargment.

I went back to the store the next day. I picked up the picture and went home. Thinking that it would be fine, no reason to look at in the store. They do good work there and I don't remember any problems with their photo department.

I had a problem.

The picture I got back was yellow . I got pissed and cursed Wallgreens. I decided to get the picture worked on again at a different vender and then take the offending picture back to Wallgreens and get my money back. I went for the big guns. I went to Wolfe Camera. Over priced for what they offer and with a mildly rude staff - they still do good work, at least better work then a drug store. Well.

So far. Two trips to Wallgreens and one trip to Wolfe. Make that two trips to Wolfe. I didn't like their outcome either. Wolf is on the left, Wallgreens on the right.


Wolfes was better but it still wasn't as sharp as the orginal. The color was also off. So. Trip two back to Wolfes. We are now at four trips to get this picture enlarged. Wolfe agreed to do it again, but I would have to come back the next day.

Sigh.

It still isn't perfect but I'm not making another trip to get it right. I'm going to deal.


The finished product. Still not sharp enough, color still not right.

No comments: