Friday, September 29, 2006

TGIF

When I left for work this morning it was over cast and cool. Lovely, I said to myself. I will open the blinds and the little animals can enjoy the nice, cool day. Great. I opened everything up and hummed Let the sun shine in and went to work

By lunch it was hot and I was seriously rethinking the whole “Let The Sun Shine in” thing. Shiny sun is hot sun is sun that makes the house too hot. Great. I love coming home to a hot house, let’s hear it for photosynthesis! True, The Kitty and Dogger end up with nice shiny growth and they flower like crazy, but it’s not worth the extra pruning I have to do.

And so time passed and I looked outside and it had returned to it’s normally scheduled partly sunny-ness, with an emphasis on the “partly” part but then it got sunny again. Of course the car is going to be hot too. It’s almost October, you would think the weather would get with the program all ready. Summer is over, it’s time for sweaters and cords and heavy socks. I really want to put away my shorts and tee shirts. I would say “and bring out my sweaters and turtle necks” but they never really went away because they never quite got put away. I prefer to look at is as efficacy instead of laziness. I knew I would be needing those clothes again and when I did need them I would need them now and it would save me lots of time if I could find them, or better yet, not have to “find” them, but that they would all ready be ready to go.

You can make something into anything you want it to be, it’s called “spin”.

I spend a lot of time at the dog park. A lot. How much? A lot, too much. But you know, life is about sacrifice and spending my evenings chatting with other dog people (instead of walking the dog) is the kind of sacrifice I am willing to make. Anyway. Things I have overheard at the park:

My wife and daughter asked me where I was, I told them I took the dog to go check his pee mail!

And

Speaker 1 -How old is your dog?

Speaker 2 -three years, four months and eighteen days.

Speaker 1 -You have absolutely no life do you?

(pause)

Speaker 2 - No, no I don’t.


I have been trying to be better. I took Dogger for an actual walk yesterday before we went to the park and while she did a little less full bore running around once we got there, she was hardly too tired to play. She had the energy necessary to go drink from the buckets and then go wipe her face all over innocent bystanders. It sucks that it’s about to get too dark for me to go at my regular time. I went really early the other day and the early dogs just aren’t as cool as the late dogs. I guess the evening dogs are kind of the popular kids at the dog park. The early dogs carried around brief cases and wore coke bottle glasses and if they had been wearing pants they would have been high waters.

Doggers awesome light up collar thing is going to be so handy once it gets darker. The park officially closes at dusk but people are there after dark all the time. It will be harder to find the dog poop though and that could be a problem. I hadn’t thought about that. If I’m all ready thinking about how easy it would be to conveniently not be able to find her dog bombs, you can bet I’m not the first. It could get ugly.

No comments: